PDA

View Full Version : it passed

master_cat
05-21-2013, 02:18 PM
Freedom to fish act passed :D this is great news so does that mean the bouys at cordell hull mean anything

Catch & Release
05-21-2013, 02:35 PM
yes that means they gotta take them out, if you wanted to get technical you probably by law would have to obey them while there still there but I don't think they would write you a ticket now that the law has passed.

bd-
05-21-2013, 02:45 PM
I suppose they can leave the buoys in place as a safety warning, especially for intermittent dangerous conditions like spilling water. It does cut off the Corps' ability to restrict access though.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2

bd-
05-21-2013, 02:49 PM
By the way, every single person who reads this discussion should send thanks to Senator Alexander for his non-stop work on this. It is truly extraordinary that he was able to get a bill like this to pass, especially when you consider it's mostly a bill of regional interest, he's in the minority party in the Senate, and neither house of Congress is exactly known for getting much done lately. He deserves a lot of credit.

Travis C.
05-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Great news!

Catch & Release
05-21-2013, 03:12 PM
by the way, every single person who reads this discussion should send thanks to senator alexander for his non-stop work on this. It is truly extraordinary that he was able to get a bill like this to pass, especially when you consider it's mostly a bill of regional interest, he's in the minority party in the senate, and neither house of congress is exactly known for getting much done lately. He deserves a lot of credit.

Sent from my sph-m580 using tapatalk 2

amen!

Alphahawk
05-21-2013, 05:03 PM
Great news!

Regards

MNfisher
05-21-2013, 07:06 PM
This makes me a very happy man, in fact, I am about to crack open a beer to celebrate:D

bd-
05-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Note that the bill that passed only creates a 2-year delay for the Corps to restrict access. There's a more comprehensive bill that creates a permanent moratorium on access restrictions, but it's still tied up in Congress.

Today was a good victory, but we can't rest entirely until the other bill gets through. Don't stop calling and e-mailing your elected reps yet.

Catch & Release
05-21-2013, 07:24 PM
I wonder how Delapp likes eating Crow....

lupanfreitag
05-21-2013, 09:27 PM
Be safe. Be courteous. And by all means fish your hearts out and have a ball!
I'll see you boys at the dam(s).

JandSCattleCo
05-21-2013, 11:53 PM
FYI. Center hill now has buoys below the dam. Wife sent me a picture of them when she got to work tonight.

They must have put them in since Friday night / Saturday morning when she worked last.

Erock
05-21-2013, 11:59 PM
Took my 5 year old daughter (and best fishing buddy) to the meeting at McGavock and said my piece. I'll be proud to tell her, when she's old enough to fully understand, that she was part of a worthwhile roots movement where the good guys actually won (at least for now). Way to go everybody . . . especially to those of you who devoted so much time to this fight.
I've had a little faith restored!
E

MNfisher
05-22-2013, 12:43 AM
FYI. Center hill now has buoys below the dam. Wife sent me a picture of them when she got to work tonight.

They must have put them in since Friday night / Saturday morning when she worked last.

I was there Sunday and no buoys, so must have put them in Monday, which would explain the 3 hrs that only 1 gen was going.

TNBronzeback
05-22-2013, 10:20 AM
I was down below Old Hickory last night and seen there are 4 bouys there.
glad the bill passed the house, hopefully the president signs it as well!

MNfisher
05-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Sounds like they hurried to get all the buoys in place before the bill got passed.

Transplanted Sportsman
05-22-2013, 11:40 AM
This is great news!!

nofish
05-22-2013, 11:55 AM
Sounds like they hurried to get all the buoys in place before the bill got passed.

I wonder if they'll still put them in at cheatham and Barkley.

TomD
05-22-2013, 05:13 PM
Nnow there is the talk about the cost of taking them out :confused:

If they don't hurt anything label them :CAUTION: and leave them in. Hang some structure from them.