PDA

View Full Version : priest hybrids, last night

Headhunter
05-18-2013, 08:43 PM
hammered them again, biggest was 7 or so but lost count. topwater is awesome. going tonight at midnight.

MNfisher
05-18-2013, 08:59 PM
hammered them again, biggest was 7 or so but lost count. topwater is awesome. going tonight at midnight.

Awesome! Boat or bank?

TroutFiend
05-18-2013, 09:00 PM
What gear do you use on the Redfin lure/also retrieve method?

MNfisher
05-18-2013, 09:20 PM
For hybrid I use a MH 6'6" spinning setup with 10 lb fireline. It is a drag screaming fun time with this set up, but it will get in any hybrid out there...a big rockfish hits, and you might need to chase!

I retrieve the Redfin very slow and steady. So slow it doesn't dive at all and creates a wake on the surface....drives them crazy! Especially at night.

TroutFiend
05-18-2013, 09:48 PM
Thanks MN.., sounds similar to the gear I use for late night Brown tout. Just waiting on that generation to settle down.

MNfisher
05-18-2013, 09:53 PM
Yep, the exact same rod I use for after dark browns on the caney. We should meet out there sometime! I really enjoy floats after dark, river to yourself and big browns out on the prowl!

Alphahawk
05-18-2013, 09:58 PM
Good deal!

Regards

TroutFiend
05-18-2013, 10:04 PM
Yep, the exact same rod I use for after dark browns on the caney. We should meet out there sometime! I really enjoy floats after dark, river to yourself and big browns out on the prowl!

We can do brother... I have been hitting the lakes and small creeks lately. But still find myself staring at the TVA app on my phone everyday looking for a generation break! I also would like to try the TM's at night for rainbow. I have not got to do that yet. Alpha told me they work well.

MNfisher
05-18-2013, 10:26 PM
We can do brother... I have been hitting the lakes and small creeks lately. But still find myself staring at the TVA app on my phone everyday looking for a generation break! I also would like to try the TM's at night for rainbow. I have not got to do that yet. Alpha told me they work well.

Interesting, after the sun sets, I put the TM away and out comes the big baits. Might have to try that! I also check the TVA app several times a day, knowing it will be well into June before it slows...

Alphahawk
05-18-2013, 10:31 PM
Interesting, after the sun sets, I put the TM away and out comes the big baits. Might have to try that! I also check the TVA app several times a day, knowing it will be well into June before it slows...

Put that kayak in the pond at night and hang on...LOL.

Regards

Headhunter
05-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Boat, Redfin bite from midnight til 4 am or so and then cork and fluke. I cant get them to look at a redfin as it gets closer to daylight. My friend and I caught about 50 more last night. Smaller fish, largest was 6 lbs or so.

Travis C.
05-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Boat, Redfin bite from midnight til 4 am or so and then cork and fluke. I cant get them to look at a redfin as it gets closer to daylight. My friend and I caught about 50 more last night. Smaller fish, largest was 6 lbs or so.

How long does this bite usually last?

Travis C.
05-20-2013, 12:30 PM
Put that kayak in the pond at night and hang on...LOL.
Regards

There are some really big buffalo's in there. ;)