PDA

View Full Version : Camping at Natchez Trace Park this weekend

Tnriverluver
05-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Fishing Pin Oak lake. Anyone have a recent fishing report from there or Browns Creek Lake?

Jdkxtreme
05-16-2013, 03:29 PM
Never been. Was thinking of making a camping trip there with the family. Let us know how the camp ground is.
Thank you

Fishing Pin Oak lake. Anyone have a recent fishing report from there or Browns Creek Lake?

Alphahawk
05-16-2013, 04:45 PM

When I lived in West TN I fished Browns Creek Lake often. I have no clue what is going on there now but it always produced for me. Pin Oak can be good but have to deal with pleasure boaters.

Regards

Tnriverluver
05-16-2013, 06:57 PM
Never been. Was thinking of making a camping trip there with the family. Let us know how the camp ground is.
Thank you
I camp at the Natchez Trace Pin Oak RV campground often (only 40 miles from home) and it is one of the nicest in the state. Very little shade now due to tornados a few years back however.:mad:

Buccaneer
05-16-2013, 07:08 PM
Buddies from work stayed there in a cabin and fished Pin Oak last weekend. Maybe the cold snap made a difference but they didn't get on any fish. Said the water was cloudy and dingy. It could be a different story now with these past few days of bright sunlight. You would think the shellcrackers ought to be ready to spawn.

Saltwaterwalt
05-16-2013, 07:22 PM
I just got back from fishing Chief Creek Lake by Natchez Trace near Hohenwald. The bream were on the bite, but lots of short ones...full of eggs, in about 3' of water.

Alphahawk
05-16-2013, 07:30 PM
I just got back from fishing Chief Creek Lake by Natchez Trace near Hohenwald. The bream were on the bite, but lots of short ones...full of eggs, in about 3' of water.

First time I ever heard it called by that name. First it was Napier Lake....then NACO Lake. Wonder when it changed? That lake is only a few miles down the road from VFW Lake. Used to be good Shell Cracker fishing there.

Regards

Tnriverluver
05-16-2013, 07:32 PM
Buddies from work stayed there in a cabin and fished Pin Oak last weekend. Maybe the cold snap made a difference but they didn't get on any fish. Said the water was cloudy and dingy. It could be a different story now with these past few days of bright sunlight. You would think the shellcrackers ought to be ready to spawn.
Gills and crackers are definetly on the agenda. Been having a blast catching huge Gills and Crackers for the last three weeks at my local TWRA Lake. One of my many fishing videos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwatKaHfYXo

nofish
05-16-2013, 09:00 PM
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/history/harpe_brothers/1_index.html

Tell some ghost stories around the campfire! That's a creepy place to camp cause alot of REALLY bad things happened there.

Happy camping!

nofish
05-16-2013, 09:10 PM
I think it's a little extra exciting camping when there are scary stories associated with the areas you are camping. The natchez trace area is beautiful, but thousands of people were killed along that route due to robbery or just sickos wanting to get their jollies. Sorry to come off as a bit creepy, but I just saw a special on tv about it and because of that I would be a little on edge camping there.

Tnriverluver
05-16-2013, 09:11 PM
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/history/harpe_brothers/1_index.html

Tell some ghost stories around the campfire! That's a creepy place to camp cause alot of REALLY bad things happened there.

Happy camping!
This is Natchez Trace State park in west Tn. Henderson Co just outside of Lexington.

FloatNFish
05-18-2013, 10:58 AM

Happy camping!

That was a pretty fascinating story about the Harpes...

-Alex