PDA

View Full Version : Old Hickory Fun

spottedbass
05-15-2013, 12:09 PM
Took my teenage kids out yesterday fishing with trout magnets. We fished for 4 hours and did not go longer than 3 minutes without one of us catching fish. Brought home 19 bluegill and 5 crappie.

My daughter caught a 2.5 lb largemouth on a chartruse and white TM. That was a blast for her on an ultralight with 4 lb. test. It was funny to hear her scream "Daddy this ain't a bluegill!!! I need help."

We were fishing a foot and a half deep under a float. All fish were caught in Station Camp Creek.

j19bill
05-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Awesome.

Sent from my Droid Bionic complete with typos and sarcasm.

Travis C.
05-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Good deal. Now that school is done it will be time to take my little girls out.

How was the water color? My honey-do's are almost done for summer and after Dale Hollow this weekend I plan on hitting Old Hick up pretty good.

MNfisher
05-15-2013, 01:04 PM
Awesome!!

Alphahawk
05-15-2013, 01:29 PM
Thats great! Sore Lip'Em All!

Regards

spottedbass
05-15-2013, 01:36 PM
Travis, the water is still real stained (not really muddy) in Station Camp. It is clearing more each day. Just be careful there is still a lot of debris floating especially if you go out into the river. I bet the water temp really shoots up over the next few days. It was 67 - 69 degrees yesterday.

agelesssone
05-15-2013, 06:57 PM
I can't wait to get Sophia out on some bluegills!

We were at a cookout on Mother's Day at Rockland park. I had an ultralight with trout magnets and a float. I had Sophia and her friend Waverly standing by. As I would hook a fish, I'd pass the rod to whoever's turn it was. They loved it, but, the fish weren't real cooperative and the girls soon tired of waiting. I need to find a hotspot to put them on.