PDA

View Full Version : Dam, consider this...

Adrian
05-14-2013, 02:33 AM
If by some miracle the corp doesn't put up the barricade, there's no way any of us will be able to find a spot to fish. That water will be so full of boats :)

It will be just like the run on ammo. Tell us you're going to take it away and here comes the rush. All you have to do is tell us we can't do something and we want to do it even more. Mr. Alexander we're going to need more parking at the Dam.

:D

FINNEY
05-14-2013, 06:57 AM
I know your right!

“We don’t need Big Brother in Washington holding our hands while we’re fishing down in Tennessee or Kentucky or any other place,”

kvanconant
05-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Heard from my step dad who works for Sumner county, he said the Corp decided they were not going to enforce the barricades at the dam nor on the bank fishing where they have the fence put up.

The Corp was afraid it would affect to many people buying their fishing lic every year.

Bassassasin
05-14-2013, 06:47 PM
Heard from my step dad who works for Sumner county, he said the Corp decided they were not going to enforce the barricades at the dam nor on the bank fishing where they have the fence put up.

The Corp was afraid it would affect to many people buying their fishing lic every year.
The Corp or TWRA?

FINNEY
05-14-2013, 10:38 PM
Think he means the TWRA not going to enforce it. Unless he knows something I don't. Last news was Corps Park rangers are going to enforce it best they can. Means watching on cameras and optics writing down boat Registration Numbers, mailing you a fine, or watching and meeting you at the boat launch if they can. TWRA has sold 900,000 fising lic. last year (Per Lamar Alexander) They dont wanna get involved! Heck they wanna fish their too. I live a stones throw away from Old Hickory Dam, Checked this morning for buoys. None was there at 7am. But I just read on this website, buoys are now up. They didnt say where at. IDK if they are talking about Old Hickory or J.P.P. Seems I read on Facebook that JPP had buoys inplace Sunday. Old Hickory has been spilling like crazy for the passed few weeks. I figure they would wait till they stop and start to bring the lake up to summer pool. Or even better forget about it all. I know if I drive up and see them doing it, I'm sure gonna excercise my freedom of speech!!!

tkwalker
05-14-2013, 11:05 PM
Think he means the TWRA not going to enforce it. Unless he knows something I don't. Last news was Corps Park rangers are going to enforce it best they can. Means watching on cameras and optics writing down boat Registration Numbers, mailing you a fine, or watching and meeting you at the boat launch if they can. TWRA has sold 900,000 fising lic. last year (Per Lamar Alexander) They dont wanna get involved! Heck they wanna fish their too. I live a stones throw away from Old Hickory Dam, Checked this morning for buoys. None was there at 7am. But I just read on this website, buoys are now up. They didnt say where at. IDK if they are talking about Old Hickory or J.P.P. Seems I read on Facebook that JPP had buoys inplace Sunday. Old Hickory has been spilling like crazy for the passed few weeks. I figure they would wait till they stop and start to bring the lake up to summer pool. Or even better forget about it all. I know if I drive up and see them doing it, I'm sure gonna excercise my freedom of speech!!!

More Corps BS .... so they take pic's of boat registrations ...send to whoever ... All of the boat registration are issued and controlled by the TWRA ... The TWRA via Director Carter and PR man Doug Markham says we are not going to enforce it ... So what other ID evidence do they have ...

The Corps has no policing powers except the USCG ... Which do not have access to TWRA Records, IE Boat registrations ... (Since TWRA is not going to recognize the Feds)

PS ... The Corps park Rangers have about the same Authority in this matter as the Watertown Mile Long Yard Sale Auxiliary Police made up of Older Teenagers with an interest in Law Enforcement ... Means well But has no bite ... The Corps really has no Enforcement internal capabilities ...<'TK><

tkwalker
05-15-2013, 12:24 AM

Yea right ... The Corp right now is getting their golden egg busted via Sen., Alexander ... They could care less about the input of the citizens of Tennessee do to the response of our request for info during this whole ordeal ... Sounds like back paddling to me .... ;) <'TK><

FINNEY
05-15-2013, 07:05 AM
More Corps BS .... so they take pic's of boat registrations ...send to whoever ... All of the boat registration are issued and controlled by the TWRA ... The TWRA via Director Carter and PR man Doug Markham says we are not going to enforce it ... So what other ID evidence do they have ...

The Corps has no policing powers except the USCG ... Which do not have access to TWRA Records, IE Boat registrations ... (Since TWRA is not going to recognize the Feds)

PS ... The Corps park Rangers have about the same Authority in this matter as the Watertown Mile Long Yard Sale Auxiliary Police made up of Older Teenagers with an interest in Law Enforcement ... Means well But has no bite ... The Corps really has no Enforcement internal capabilities ...<'TK><

I am very proud to say I am NOT a Lawyer by no means. But just thinking I don't see why or how the Corps/Federal Goverment could not get someones Name or Address from your boats ID #. No matter whom is incharge of issuing it. I imaigine if they posted No tresspassing signs on them buoys then it becomes law. Federal or local all law enforcement agencies have to inforce it. So Hendersonville or Metro could get involved if it was criminal tresspassing. One thing you are forgeting is it's the US Goverment. They can and will do what ever they want. If you have not learned that by now. You must of been living under a rock. I am against this policy more than everyone. I live on Rockland Road, less than 1/4 mile from the dam. I fish there all the time, on the banks or locking thru. But if they wanna get nasty they can and will. PS on my way down there now to check it out. I'll keep you posted.

Bassassasin
05-16-2013, 08:21 AM
I am very proud to say I am NOT a Lawyer by no means. But just thinking I don't see why or how the Corps/Federal Goverment could not get someones Name or Address from your boats ID #. No matter whom is incharge of issuing it. I imaigine if they posted No tresspassing signs on them buoys then it becomes law. Federal or local all law enforcement agencies have to inforce it. So Hendersonville or Metro could get involved if it was criminal tresspassing. One thing you are forgeting is it's the US Goverment. They can and will do what ever they want. If you have not learned that by now. You must of been living under a rock. I am against this policy more than everyone. I live on Rockland Road, less than 1/4 mile from the dam. I fish there all the time, on the banks or locking thru. But if they wanna get nasty they can and will. PS on my way down there now to check it out. I'll keep you posted.

Boat registration #'s can be easly tracked just like any vehicle registration, any agency can run a registration check through TIES/NLETS/TIBRS or NCIC!

j19bill
05-16-2013, 10:19 AM
Boat registration #'s can be easly tracked just like any vehicle registration, any agency can run a registration check through TIES/NLETS/TIBRS or NCIC!

That's kinda what I was thinking. Also what's to keep the CoE from turning the info over to the Coast Guard to send out the tickets/fines?

Hopefully with the passage of the freedom to fish act none of this will matter.

Sent from my Droid Bionic complete with typos and sarcasm.

nofish
05-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Just hang a towel off each side and put your boat in further downstream. I know your numbers have to be visible but if they can't get to you then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.