PDA

View Full Version : Round 2, Gen. Bostick Testimony R. Duty

tkwalker
05-13-2013, 12:31 AM
Gents,
If you have yet to see it, the second round of the Senate Subcommittee hearing with questioning by Senator Alexander can be accessed through the link below. It is the entire 2+ hours hearing, so if you only need to see the second round of Senator Alexander's questioning, fast forward to the 2:02:00 mark. Watch the Senator quote some of the collective works of Wade White...

http://www.appropriations.senate.gov/webcasts.cfm?method=webcasts.view&id=269884a5-847e-4fb9-8e2e-fc68b0e878ef

tkwalker
05-13-2013, 12:51 AM
Go to the 2 Hour 2 min Mark if the hearing .... Bostick is almost speechless in his replies .... A must watch !! <'TK><

robhal11
05-13-2013, 01:08 PM
TK thanks for posting very interesting webcast. I have contacted him several times and it is great that he is still going forward with it. Thanks Mr. Alexander.

GO-OKFISHIN
05-13-2013, 02:21 PM
That's awesome.

wsm2c
05-13-2013, 03:10 PM
Get em Sen. Alexander! The general has the deer in the headlight look more than a couple times when questioned. This is a fine representation of how the government works under the current administration. They are always right and they have used the wrong facts or findings to come to a decision!

Catch & Release
05-13-2013, 03:46 PM
I may be wrong, but I believe the Corp will have to compromise. It will be interesting to see how they "save face". Also they keep bringing up "when the dam is spilling water through the gates is when it is dangerous" in which I somewhat agree. Yes when they have them opened up releasing flood waters it is dangerous, but how about when they are cracked like they have done the last 3 summers to oxygenate the water below Cordell Hull? If the compromise is to restrict it when the gates are spilling, what's to keep them from leaving them cracked all the time. Might need to come up with a designated CFS for each dam. They are also sluicing through all 3 sluice gates at Center Hill now and that is more dangerous than any spillway I have ever seen.
I know I am getting ahead of what's going on, but it's something to think about. ..

MNfisher
05-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Might need to come up with a designated CFS for each dam. ..

Hopefully this is what they do. Because if they are closed whenever they spill water, might as well close them all the time. That is when the fishing is good, when they are spilling.

lupanfreitag
05-13-2013, 08:38 PM
I hope but the barriers are still going up.

I still recommend that we send a hard copy letters to Alexander.
We still must push.

agelesssone
05-13-2013, 10:40 PM
I truly admire Senator Alexander (and have emailed AND hardcopied him) for his staunch support of the people of Tn and KY on this matter.

Why can't all politicians support their constituency like this?