PDA

View Full Version : Rome Tn Landing???

TomD
05-12-2013, 10:16 PM
I was looking over a list of landings/launch sites on OH and see that Rome is not all that far from home. Is anyone familiar with this landing site. I'd thought I look at it on Google Earth but its a little obscure. Is there a ramp there?
Thanks Tom

tkwalker
05-12-2013, 10:39 PM
I was looking over a list of landings/launch sites on OH and see that Rome is not all that far from home. Is anyone familiar with this landing site. I thought I look at it on Google Earth but its a little obscure. Is there a ramp there?
Thanks Tom

Tom, the Rome Landing is unique Ramp ... The ramp is almost located under a Bridge That go's over Round Lick Creek at the head of Rome Island (It is exactly 25 miles down stream from Cordell Hull Dam)... Located at Nav Marker 292.5 miles ...

It is not on the Cumberland River Proper ... The Ramp is actually on round Lick Creek ...about 50 Yds off the main flow of the river ... Opposite the Ramp is a high bluff ... What few times I used it was all I could do ...(Do to lack of space) ... To line up my 23 foot Guide boat to get a clear shot at my trailer ... From the lip of the ramp to the oppsite bank at normal pool ... Guessing I would say no more than 50 feet ... Hope this helps .... <'TK>< :)

Catch & Release
05-13-2013, 05:25 AM
I was looking over a list of landings/launch sites on OH and see that Rome is not all that far from home. Is anyone familiar with this landing site. I thought I look at it on Google Earth but its a little obscure. Is there a ramp there?
Thanks Tom
It is a decent ramp, however my boat trailer drags when I am launching under normal water conditions, water is high now, actually up in lot. I dont use it many times a year, I have heard of vehicles being burglarized quite often here.

TomD
05-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Thanks you guys that's been a big help. Sounds like I'll stick to the more populated ramps. I think we're so blessed to have the bodies of water to enjoy that we have and Tn has really made the most of it, now if the rain will take break!

Thanks again. Ive been out of the water for a while, enjoy the forum just haven't been here for TOO long.