PDA

View Full Version : cattin around tn

master_cat
05-11-2013, 11:11 PM
had a little luck tonight throwin giant bluegills thanks for lookin

MNfisher
05-12-2013, 03:47 AM
Those are some dandies! Is the second one a blue?

Travis C.
05-12-2013, 07:18 AM
Nice catfish.

Every time I see someone with catfish pics it just reminds me how bad I am at catching them.... LOL.

j19bill
05-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Nice ones!

Sent from my Droid Bionic complete with typos and sarcasm.

master_cat
05-12-2013, 10:12 AM
yea its a blue it scaled at about 45 pounds the flat was 35 the light was so crapy it was hard to take pics

agelesssone
05-12-2013, 07:31 PM
Nice cats there!

Alphahawk
05-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Big fish!

Regards

chaseasl
05-13-2013, 08:31 AM
Nice ones

titansfan2104
05-13-2013, 11:59 AM
Paylake??? Some nice ones there

rsimms
05-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Thanks for sharing. Where were you?

TomD
05-13-2013, 04:37 PM
WOW! Nice cats!

I've relocated in Tn now for 15 years and have yet to fish cats. I used to fish below the dam on the Wisconsin River and would do fair. The cats I've been seeing folks pull out of these southern waters have me ready to give it a try again.

Are the bigger cats caught mostly at night? When you bait up how are you rigging and is bluegill legal bait for catfish. I always fished nightcrawlers up north or maybe chicken livers.

The the new damn restrictions I suppose one can still get close enough???

Work had me traveling a lot for two years now I'm retired and hope I can find some beauties like those.

NICE FISH!

rsimms
05-13-2013, 05:59 PM
WOW! Nice cats!

I've relocated in Tn now for 15 years and have yet to fish cats. I used to fish below the dam on the Wisconsin River and would do fair. The cats I've been seeing folks pull out of these southern waters have me ready to give it a try again.

Are the bigger cats caught mostly at night? When you bait up how are you rigging and is bluegill legal bait for catfish. I always fished nightcrawlers up north or maybe chicken livers.

The the new damn restrictions I suppose one can still get close enough???

Work had me traveling a lot for two years now I'm retired and hope I can find some beauties like those.

NICE FISH!

I hope master_cat will weigh in, but a couple of answers from me. Bluegill are legal to fish with provided they are legally caught (with rod & reel). You can't catch them in a cast net and use them for bait. Any game fish caught with a cast net must be thrown back.

As far as how close you need to get to dam, in my water (Tenn. River) cats do concentrate close to the dam April and May. But as water warms they spread out downstream.

nofish
05-13-2013, 08:25 PM
I hope master_cat will weigh in, but a couple of answers from me. Bluegill are legal to fish with provided they are legally caught (with rod & reel). You can't catch them in a cast net and use them for bait. Any game fish caught with a cast net must be thrown back.

As far as how close you need to get to dam, in my water (Tenn. River) cats do concentrate close to the dam April and May. But as water warms they spread out downstream.

What he said...

I've caught my biggest catfish a good ways away from the dams. I've been to wheeler dam in Alabama certain times of the year and have flat wore them out throwing up in the holes where the generators are.

j19bill
05-13-2013, 09:15 PM
There are big cats around the dams. But most of the big ones we've caught have been away from the dams. As far as bait it really depends on what species your going after. I mostly fish for flatheads and for that there is nothing quite as tempting as a fat live bluegill.

TomD
05-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Thanks guys

Im going one step fathur and instead of wondering what it would be like to catch a 45lb'r I'm going to catch me one! ;)

Pics to follow

master_cat
05-14-2013, 11:14 AM
Iv been fishing the upper end of old hic I will say fish hittin in and around old sunken timber in 15 to 35 foot of water bluegil and skips as bait pm me for locations

j19bill
05-14-2013, 03:56 PM
Thanks guys

Im going one step fathur and instead of wondering what it would be like to catch a 45lb'r I'm going to catch me one! ;)

Pics to follow

Eagerly awaiting the photos