PDA

View Full Version : Good News! Corp Fight ..Rick Duty

tkwalker
05-10-2013, 09:05 PM
Yesterday, Governor Haslam signed Senate Joint Resolution SJR 132. Paraphrasing; the Resolution calls upon the USACE to “hold in abeyance”, its plan to block our river, until alternative plans are investigated that promote both boater safety and the outstanding fishing an tourism opportunities in theses areas. It urges the USACE to work with local communities and the TWRA in developing alternate safety methods. (- - Where have I heard that before...? )The Clerk of the Senate shall distribute a copy of this resolution to the USACE Nashville District, TWRA, and each member of Tennessee’s congressional delegation.

After seeing ASA Darcy and General Bostick’s collective performances in the Senate Subcommittee hearings this week, I hold little hope that intellect, protocol or respect will play any roll after receipt of the General Assembly’s letter.

What the resolution does accomplish, is another collective exclamation point to the voice of the public. As the resolution passed both houses unanimously, and every Federal legislator serving the State is behind HR 826 and S 421, I think we’ve pretty much summed up the public position regarding Corps’ usurpation of authority, violation(s) of due process, and Tennessee laws about putting junk in our rivers, that mess with interstate commerce or/and navigation. (TN 69-1-117)

I have the feeling that from ASA Darcy down, there is some weird power play in the works, or something actually nefarious. What, other than power or money, would drive people of this stature to such depths of stupidity? I guess we have to go to court to stop further buoy installations. Hopefully, the “public interest” and “public trust” will carry some weight with a judge, and we can hold ‘em off until the legislative process has time to work.

Have great weekend...

Rick

nofish
05-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Shouldn't this mean the Corp has to go kick rocks???