PDA

View Full Version : Oh 5/9

Travis C.
05-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Took the little one out for a play date with the bluegill. It's so much fun with poppers this time of year. I have no idea how many were caught but it was a lot. They weren't on beds as of yet but definitely moved shallow in big numbers. I had a streamer rod just in case with an olive articulated streamer tied on if a largemouth gave chase to one of my bluegills. Only one sighting of a bass the whole time as it swiped at the streamer on the couple retrieves before I left. The bass may be doing their thing or finishing up right now.

Fun times...

Alphahawk
05-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Glad you had a good day.

Regards

fatherof4
05-09-2013, 10:58 PM
Good deal Travis- I could read posts about dads taking their kids out all day long. It's a lot of work but very rewarding-and to have my three sons tell me that all they want is to go back the next day, well man, that's what its all about!

Ben

MNfisher
05-10-2013, 04:51 AM
Good stuff Travis!

Travis C.
05-10-2013, 07:38 AM
It's a lot of work but very rewarding

Ben

That is the truth... plenty of sunscreen, plenty of juice, plenty of snacks and most of plenty of patience. The biggest gills were only about 7-8" but it didn't matter and to make things better we parked the boat under a big ole tree to block most the sun.

Also started seeing some mayflies flying around for those interested in that fun to be had.

Alphahawk
05-10-2013, 08:01 AM
That is the truth... plenty of sunscreen, plenty of juice, plenty of snacks and most of plenty of patience. The biggest gills were only about 7-8" but it didn't matter and to make things better we parked the boat under a big ole tree to block most the sun.

Also started seeing some mayflies flying around for those interested in that fun to be had.

All that happened with me and my children a long time ago. My weekly fishing trip with my son means the world to me.....when he is not working. Oh....an 8 inch Gill is considered world class in a lot of places...LOL. I will take those all day long.

Regards

bigbird
05-13-2013, 12:22 PM
Took the little one out for a play date with the bluegill. It's so much fun with poppers this time of year. I have no idea how many were caught but it was a lot. They weren't on beds as of yet but definitely moved shallow in big numbers. I had a streamer rod just in case with an olive articulated streamer tied on if a largemouth gave chase to one of my bluegills. Only one sighting of a bass the whole time as it swiped at the streamer on the couple retrieves before I left. The bass may be doing their thing or finishing up right now.

Fun times...

Crappie were a month behind where I fish on OH. Bet the bass are the same.