PDA

View Full Version : Striper Question

erictoth
05-07-2013, 04:24 PM
I'm new to striper fishing. However, before all the weather I did manage to get a couple in the clinch. Do any of you know if dirty water affects these fish? I was pulling planer boards. Should I change tactics? I was hopeing to go this week end, but not sure if the water is going to make a difference.

Thanks for the help!!!
Eric

jad2t
05-07-2013, 04:53 PM
I'd say it's more of the sudden rise in water or flow if you're fishing tailwaters that affects them more so than muddy water. Those fish don't grow to 60 pounds by not being able to find food in muddy water, I'm sure they can do that just fine.

I'm no rockfish expert, hopefully TK will see this and pitch in, but my guess is that if you're fishing tailwaters, for example, and the water is muddy due to a sharp rise in flow then they might turn off for a day or so. If it's been that way for a while, I think they will be back to normal.

tkwalker
05-07-2013, 11:28 PM
I'd say it's more of the sudden rise in water or flow if you're fishing tailwaters that affects them more so than muddy water. Those fish don't grow to 60 pounds by not being able to find food in muddy water, I'm sure they can do that just fine.

I'm no rockfish expert, hopefully TK will see this and pitch in, but my guess is that if you're fishing tailwaters, for example, and the water is muddy due to a sharp rise in flow then they might turn off for a day or so. If it's been that way for a while, I think they will be back to normal.

Through the evolution of the striped Bass ... and being an Ocean Fish and evolved in the Sandy environment .. They have developed four olfactory glands ... They surpass the catfish when it comes to smell ...

I have seen Torpedo wakes coming toward a Bait trout, skippy or shad , after a new plowed Spring Wash out when the water was blood red ... <'TK><:)