PDA

View Full Version : Knot for fluorocarbon

creekcrappie
05-05-2013, 09:17 PM
I just bought and spooled some fluorocarbon on some of my reels. Does anyone know which knot to tie with the Fluro. I also spooled some copolymer line coated with Fluro. It is called p-line fluroclear. If y'all can tell me a knot to tie with those two lines, I can look it up and figure out how to tie it.

Alphahawk
05-05-2013, 09:46 PM
I just bought and spooled some fluorocarbon on some of my reels. Does anyone know which knot to tie with the Fluro. I also spooled some copolymer line coated with Fluro. It is called p-line fluroclear. If y'all can tell me a knot to tie with those two lines, I can look it up and figure out how to tie it.

The palomor knot is good.

Regards

ALANRAYG2
05-06-2013, 09:11 PM

this should get you some information on knots. I have their app on my phone too.
http://video.fishingclub.com/pages/knot-wars

I call it maize
07-05-2013, 12:06 AM
I was a Palomar guy for 25 years until I started using the double San Diego Jam. I think all you have to do is google "shaw grigsby fluorocarbon knot" to find it....I still feel the Palomar is about as good as it get's though.

I only use three wraps on 10lb and up. Four or more wraps seems to be harder to cinch correctly for me.

A few of tips... pull loop to start the knot...then pull main and tag until the knot just touches eye...pull loop again to organize the knot...then cinch by pulling main and tag...