PDA

View Full Version : help needed

master_cat
05-05-2013, 02:03 PM
need some hellp recarpeting my boat any tips great on wat kind of carpet and where to get it and how to get it to stick

Bassassasin
05-05-2013, 03:07 PM
need some hellp recarpeting my boat any tips great on wat kind of carpet and where to get it and how to get it to stick
Check on CL I saw a guy with roles of boat carpet for sale and I would say that carpet glue may help it stick, but I am just guessing on that one...LOL

Gene G
05-05-2013, 08:18 PM
Make sure that you buy a heavy weight outdoor carpet and not the cheap, light-weight stuff like you find at Lowe's & Home Depot. You can buy boat carpet at Bass Pro Shop. They have a good selection and the kit comes with carpet cement. If you buy carpet and it doesn't come with the glue, you can buy contact cement at Walmart, Lowe's, Home Depot, or any Ace Hardware. I prefer the regular contact cement, not the gel type. You can use a paint roller to apply the glue. Just make sure that you apply contact cement to the carpet AND the boat both. LET THE CONTACT CEMENT DRY BEFORE YOU TRY TO STICK IT. Make sure that you have it where you want it because once you stick it, it's STUCK!
If I can offer one other tip: start with your larger areas first. You can always cut a large piece of carpet into small pieces, but you can't cut a small piece and make a big piece out it.
If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Gene

Buccaneer
05-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Go to www.bassboatcentral.com (http://www.bassboatcentral.com) and then the bass boat forums. Look for the bass boat restoration forum and there will be everything you ever wanted to know about re-carpeting and more.