PDA

View Full Version : Latest Project <'TK><

tkwalker
05-05-2013, 12:18 AM
1941 Evinrude Elto 1.1 HP ...:) <'TK><

MNfisher
05-05-2013, 05:31 AM
Wow! That thing is awesome!! Incredible work TK!

You have some serious talent.

Alphahawk
05-05-2013, 08:01 AM
Always impressed with your work. When you do one of those do you ever have to do in anodizing or plating of any parts? May sound funny but when I look at one of those older motors you do it relaxes me...makes me think about how the pace of life when those were new was a lot slower than the rat race now.

Regards

tkwalker
05-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Always impressed with your work. When you do one of those do you ever have to do in anodizing or plating of any parts? May sound funny but when I look at one of those older motors you do it relaxes me...makes me think about how the pace of life when those were new was a lot slower than the rat race now.

Regards

Yes I enjoy these old guys ... Some of them bring back memories when I was a kid fishing ... This one for instance, the Evinrude elto... I remember my dad and His friend who also had a son my age would fish Santee Cooper and Lake Moultre in South Carolina Right after the first Stripers were impounded in them during the construction of these lakes, early to mid 50's ...

We would rent one of those old plank sided 500 pound rental boats that had at least 4 coffee cans in it for bailing purposes ... They all leaked!! With 1.1 HP we also had to paddle ... When everyone would stroke in sync we would pick up speed ... :p

No to answer your question ... All the bling you see is all polished by hand ... The Aluminum and Brass ...

My latest project now is rebuilding a Boat trailer from the spindles up to haul the Walleye Boat that I bought in Minn in Jan 2012 ... I just tried the boat out for the first time after a little TLC last month ... I'll send pic's of my progress ...

I work on Shop stuff during the day and my stuff at night and weekends ... :eek: <'TK><

Pic's of Trailer restoration ... Half of what you see wasn't originally on it ... The Trailer was given to me by a friend because it was in such disrepair (basic frame) ... It was missing the winch post so I built that , I built the side guides with lights (all lights are LEDS) I picked up these Stratus Wheels with nice tires for $100 off of Craigs list . Need to paint and polish ... Hope to make it more respectable ... <'TK><

SAMBOLIE
05-05-2013, 02:50 PM
tk, that should be the el toro. It looks like it is ready to charge at something.
BEAUTIFUL WORK. You have a wonderful talent.

bd-
05-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Very nice.

bd

browntrout
05-05-2013, 08:18 PM
That is very SWEEEEEETTTTTT!!!!! You are very talented. Awesome job!!

Roy