PDA

View Full Version : Worth the effort.

Alphahawk
05-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Decided to get out of my recliner and go out to Blue Cat to try and catch some fish. So put on the waterproof bandage for the thumb and headed out. Caught quite a few 6 and 7 inch Gills. Then got into some 6 inch Red Ears. They are always a lot of fun even though not big by Red Ear standards. Then a big boy hit. Drag was screaming and had a ball getting it in. The box is 10.5 inches long. So I am calling the fish 11 inches. I am chomping at the bit for Monday to get here and get the stitches out and hit the road fishing and testing out my new Ride 115 kayak. For you hybrid fisherman those things were tearing it up out in the center of the lake for a couple of minutes. I mean some big boys were making one heck of a commotion. Oh...that is not my float in the pic....LOL.

Regards

jad2t
05-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Hybrids?? I thought all those TWRA managed lakes were just for LM bass, crappie, catfish, and assorted panfish. Had no idea those things would be in one. Nice redear too!

By the way, how do you like the Ride 115? I'm pretty sure that's the one I'll be getting.

Alphahawk
05-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Hybrids?? I thought all those TWRA managed lakes were just for LM bass, crappie, catfish, and assorted panfish. Had no idea those things would be in one. Nice redear too!

By the way, how do you like the Ride 115? I'm pretty sure that's the one I'll be getting.

The one I bought I have never been in. I slit my thumb open Monday as I was getting ready to take it out to Blue Cat. I have been in one before...just not mine. I have the elevated seat also. Have it rigged with an 8 foot parking pole....anchor trolley....BlackPak Crate system.....VisiCarbon Pro Light hopefully to keep boats from running over me....some STS to install...and as soon as I pick out which sonar I want it will be installed by HOOK1. They have been great working with me. I don't pursue the hybrids at Willamsport but there are some nice ones in there.

Regards

MNfisher
05-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Awesome fish!!! Are sure that isn't your bobber?? Haha!

I gotta get after those hybrids!

crappiecrazy
05-04-2013, 10:28 PM
Decided to get out of my recliner and go out to Blue Cat to try and catch some fish. So put on the waterproof bandage for the thumb and headed out. Caught quite a few 6 and 7 inch Gills. Then got into some 6 inch Red Ears. They are always a lot of fun even though not big by Red Ear standards. Then a big boy hit. Drag was screaming and had a ball getting it in. The box is 10.5 inches long. So I am calling the fish 11 inches. I am chomping at the bit for Monday to get here and get the stitches out and hit the road fishing and testing out my new Ride 115 kayak. For you hybrid fisherman those things were tearing it up out in the center of the lake for a couple of minutes. I mean some big boys were making one heck of a commotion. Oh...that is not my float in the pic....LOL.

Regards

Nice Red Ear! Looking forward to seeing your new ride.

blink
05-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Nice shellcracker!

agelesssone
05-05-2013, 02:31 AM
Mike, when you are ready to go to blue cat, give me a shout. I've been meaning to go, just haven't enough incentive to go.

ditz1
05-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Hey Alpha....That is a nice fish.

I got some hold down hooks installed in the bed of my little truck just before the rain. I hope to be making at trip to Williamsport this coming week so I can finally get my new used 135 wet.

commdd
05-05-2013, 11:20 AM
thats a heck of a "cracker", nice going.

Alphahawk
05-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Hey Alpha....That is a nice fish.

I got some hold down hooks installed in the bed of my little truck just before the rain. I hope to be making at trip to Williamsport this coming week so I can finally get my new used 135 wet.

Will probably see you out there. Want to test out the new kayak before I start pulling it all over the place. Plus I am sure the Gills are up in the coves out there getting ready to do their thing.

Regards

Danocaster
05-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Nice fish , Alpha !!!

I hope you love your new kayak !

I'm picking my 115 up from Hook1 tomorrow :)

nomad60
05-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Dang that's a nice fish Alpha. If I could get into gills like that, I'd give up bass fishing :) (and probably have a lot more fun too).

Travis C.
05-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Nice shellcracker!

That bite should be rockin right about now.