PDA

View Full Version : Pond fishing in the rain. 5/4

Travis C.
05-04-2013, 04:34 PM
While floors are being put in the house, I decided to take a break from the house and go catch a few fish for the guys putting the tile down. Fished and hour to hour/half with the trout magnets keeping 9 gills plus 2 bass to be cleaned. They like the fish whole on the grill so it was an easy clean job.

Black TM twitched in grass beds caught all these plus about 6 more gills too small. Didn't want to pound the area too bad due to there being some return trips soon.

Hope I don't get sick from it because there was a good steady rain the whole time.

Pookie
05-04-2013, 04:47 PM
While floors are being put in the house, I decided to take a break from the house and go catch a few fish for the guys putting the tile down. Fished and hour to hour/half with the trout magnets keeping 9 gills plus 2 bass to be cleaned. They like the fish whole on the grill so it was an easy clean job.

Black TM twitched in grass beds caught all these plus about 6 more gills too small. Didn't want to pound the area too bad due to there being some return trips soon.

Hope I don't get sick from it because there was a good steady rain the whole time.

Rain can't make you sick. You have to contract a germ to get sick.

MNfisher
05-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Nice fish! Way to provide!

chaseasl
05-04-2013, 07:31 PM
nice

Alphahawk
05-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Good looking fish.

Regards

agelesssone
05-05-2013, 02:39 AM
Your catch mirrors my catch from a "little lake in the woods". Only I lost/dropped the biggest gill of the day, and he made two flops and got back in the lake.
Had 2 bass, 13 and 14 inchers. The wife loves bass, so they made (and kept) a date with the fillet knife!

Travis C.
05-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Your catch mirrors my catch from a "little lake in the woods". Only I lost/dropped the biggest gill of the day, and he made two flops and got back in the lake.
Had 2 bass, 13 and 14 inchers. The wife loves bass, so they made (and kept) a date with the fillet knife!

I can't wait to get back. If I wanted to could have literally filled a cooler with fish. The big crappie have moved back out but the nice gills looks like moved in. Bass are following.