PDA

View Full Version : just heard at Academy

Headhunter
05-04-2013, 11:18 AM
25-30 lb hyrbrids are being caught in Suggs creek. I asked him a few times if he for sure knew the difference in hybrids and stripers (rockfish) and he said beyond the shadow of a doubt. Must be nice catching state and world record hybrids. He told me I did not know what I was talking about when I mentioned they were either state records or world records. I am not sure about the current world record but I remember it being 28 I think. Some people.

Travis C.
05-04-2013, 11:41 AM
25-30 lb hyrbrids are being caught in Suggs creek. I asked him a few times if he for sure knew the difference in hybrids and stripers (rockfish) and he said beyond the shadow of a doubt. Must be nice catching state and world record hybrids. He told me I did not know what I was talking about when I mentioned they were either state records or world records. I am not sure about the current world record but I remember it being 28 I think. Some people.

Let me guess, they are only catching them in the part of Suggs creek where it's not raining.

tkwalker
05-04-2013, 11:42 AM

If you will go near the top of the Fishing Forum page you will see a thread for Tennessee Fish by TWRA Look at page 14 ... Where it states I think 23 lbs and 3 oz's .

But here is a link that has all of the state records for striped Bass and Hybrids ...

http://www.stripers247.com/State-Striped-Bass-Record.php

Hope this helps ... <'TK>< :)

Aquaholic6801
05-04-2013, 11:47 AM

Which Academy? The JPP Record is 19lb 2oz and was caught by a Buddy of mine Jim Caudill back in 2002 or 2003

Tennessee State record is I think 23.XX lbs from the Stones River caught back in 1998.....

agelesssone
05-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Here is a link to the current world record hybrid bass....27 lbs. 5 oz out of Arkansas.

Tennessee record is 23 lbs. 3 oz.

Percy Priest.....Cherokee Bass (Hybrid) - 19Lb 2oz - Seven Points - Jim Caudill - Fluke - 10/17/03

http://arkansasroadstories.com/nature/hybrid.html

It's sad how many people will spout stuff without knowing the "facts".

It's too easy to find out the answers to almost any question (other than what a woman is thinking) with just a little time researching.

MNfisher
05-04-2013, 03:09 PM

Haha!!! Absolutely hilarious! I wouldn't even believe him if he said that size of rockfish out of JPP!

jad2t
05-04-2013, 04:12 PM
I one time had a guy tell me that he has seen muskie in the Calfkiller River that were 14-15 feet long. I had to work hard to keep a straight face and ask him again just to make sure I heard that right and he replied, "Oh yea man, I said feet. I've seen them in there."

I guess the Loch Ness Monster has traveled a long way from Scotland.

Headhunter
05-04-2013, 07:02 PM
haven't found them in a couple years, but I believe there are some 20+ lb stripers still in Priest. Maybe not a bunch, I have caught a couple that just bottomed out my 30 lb bogas, but it has been a couple years. They showed up for a couple days at about 2:30 in the morning on a point and would be there for about an hour. Would average about 15 lbs and caught 1 or 2 20+ a night. When they left I could not find them again. They would blow the top out of the water.

Headhunter
05-04-2013, 07:05 PM
I knew he was way off and I remember the world record being from Arkansas, just thought it was 28 lbs. The state record was caught below priest dam as far as I know. I showed him pics of the 13's and couple 14's I caught and he said those were to small to take a pic of and then told me about the 25-30 pounders.

MNfisher
05-04-2013, 07:12 PM
haven't found them in a couple years, but I believe there are some 20+ lb stripers still in Priest. Maybe not a bunch, I have caught a couple that just bottomed out my 30 lb bogas, but it has been a couple years. They showed up for a couple days at about 2:30 in the morning on a point and would be there for about an hour. Would average about 15 lbs and caught 1 or 2 20+ a night. When they left I could not find them again. They would blow the top out of the water.

There are definitely some in there, but not a BUNCH of 20-30 pounders. I wouldn't guess anyways.

bd-
05-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Some people are comically bad at estimating the weight of fish.

bd

creeksmallie
05-06-2013, 06:07 AM
Remind me to post sometime what I caught on a 6 inch Trout Magnet!!!!!!