PDA

View Full Version : Remote Control / Wireless Trolling Motors

Aquaholic6801
05-02-2013, 10:34 PM
So does anybody have either of these, If you do what Make and Model and what do you like or dislike about your unit?...If you do could you post the Make and Model a what you like and/or dislike about it...thanks, Im in the Market for a Remote Style, just dont have any hands on experience with either....I am looking more towards the Remote Style vs the Wireless Foot Control as I would like to just have the control hanging around my neck or on my wrist......

tkwalker
05-02-2013, 11:09 PM
From Decades of experience as a guide and repairing trolling motors for the public .... Motor Guide !! ... any model ...<'TK>< :)

StriperFun
05-03-2013, 07:46 AM
MINN KOTA >>> TERROVA W/ I-pilot will change ur life. :)

StriperFun
05-03-2013, 06:26 PM
I have MK Terrova with universal sonar, Ipilot, 80 lb thrust, 60 inch shaft, 24v

words can't express the way I feel about how this trolling motor, changed and improved my fishing on all levels... RE: advanced AP feature, track memory, instant anchoring etc ....

best $1,500.-- fishing purchase in years for me

nothing out there even comes close... owned many, many tm (all flavors for 25 years ) ... this is by far, light years above anything .... get cha one

PM message me if you want/need more

agelesssone
07-03-2013, 02:10 AM
Harry, let's go fishing in my boat and you can see the Minn Kota Terrova I-Pilot 101 lb. thrust trolling motor in action

Buckie02
08-10-2013, 02:06 PM
I have a 80lb Terrova with I-Pilot. It is great to troll with. It is loud when turning. Don't like that when trying to stay on brush piles. I mostly use the remote, but foot control has a 25 ft cord.

tkwalker
08-10-2013, 10:29 PM
From Decades of experience as a guide and repairing trolling motors for the public .... Motor Guide !! ... any model ...<'TK>< :)

Well, It seems Minn Kota finally got it right ... It seems the terrova is a hit ... with all of the reviews I have been reading here and industry reports ... Con Grats Minn Kota and owners .... <'TK>< :)

agelesssone
08-11-2013, 09:26 AM
I've got the MinnKota Terrova w/Ipilot, 101 lb thrust (36V), 60 inch shaft. It's got the electronic foot pad w/25 ft cord and the wireless remote that hangs around your neck.

Will never be without the IPilot again. I've had mine for over two years now and not a moments trouble.

It will totally free you up. No more being stuck up at the bow with an old cable steer. Steer from anywhere in the boat. Set the cruise control to whatever speed you want, turn on the advanced auto pilot, and go back and set out your rods for trolling. Catch a fish? No problem, the auto pilot and cruise control keep you on track and still fishing with the other rods while you reel that one in.

Now I need to hit the lottery so I can get the new Terrova with the ethernet link, a new Humminbird 1198 HD SI so I can link them together and have the trolling motor follow a depth contour line on the Navionics maps.

Alphahawk
08-11-2013, 09:43 AM
I've got the MinnKota Terrova w/Ipilot, 101 lb thrust (36V), 60 inch shaft. It's got the electronic foot pad w/25 ft cord and the wireless remote that hangs around your neck.

Will never be without the IPilot again. I've had mine for over two years now and not a moments trouble.

It will totally free you up. No more being stuck up at the bow with an old cable steer. Steer from anywhere in the boat. Set the cruise control to whatever speed you want, turn on the advanced auto pilot, and go back and set out your rods for trolling. Catch a fish? No problem, the auto pilot and cruise control keep you on track and still fishing with the other rods while you reel that one in.

Now I need to hit the lottery so I can get the new Terrova with the ethernet link, a new Humminbird 1198 HD SI so I can link them together and have the trolling motor follow a depth contour line on the Navionics maps.

Back in 2001...when I owned boats...I had a trolling motor that was way ahead of it's time. I don't recall the name of it but back then it was 1200 bucks. It had 5 transducers in the head and could keep you at a set distance from the bank...set it to troll in a certain depth and it would stay at that depth of water....if you found a creek channel you could have it track the creek channel...all this was automatic. When it worked I loved it. I owned it for a year but it stayed in the shop a lot and finally the company that made them refunded everyones money. I know that if I ever own another boat it will have an IPilot or a trolling motor with those features. I have seen one in action and it is unbelievable. I wonder when Motor Guide will come out with a motor with same features. I know Rohdan makes a motor that is similar to the IPilot. I am sure fisherman of all specie would like the features of the IPilot but as a crappie fisherman that has to be like being in heaven using one of those.

Regards

Travis C.
08-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Back in 2001...when I owned boats...I had a trolling motor that was way ahead of it's time. I don't recall the name of it but back then it was 1200 bucks. It had 5 transducers in the head and could keep you at a set distance from the bank...set it to troll in a certain depth and it would stay at that depth of water....if you found a creek channel you could have it track the creek channel...all this was automatic. When it worked I loved it. I owned it for a year but it stayed in the shop a lot and finally the company that made them refunded everyones money. I know that if I ever own another boat it will have an IPilot or a trolling motor with those features. I have seen one in action and it is unbelievable. I wonder when Motor Guide will come out with a motor with same features. I know Rohdan makes a motor that is similar to the IPilot. I am sure fisherman of all specie would like the features of the IPilot but as a crappie fisherman that has to be like being in heaven using one of those.

Regards

Was it the old Pinpoint trolling motors?

MNfisher
08-11-2013, 06:52 PM
Was it the old Pinpoint trolling motors?

Exactly what I was thinking when reading it, my buddy had a pinpoint back in '01.

Alphahawk
08-11-2013, 07:27 PM
Exactly what I was thinking when reading it, my buddy had a pinpoint back in '01.

Yep....that was it.....and had two Pinpoint sonars linked together. I would fish water shed lakes in West TN and find a creek channel and turn that thing to channel track and kill the crappie using it. It was hard to manually track a channel...at least it was for me. It was in the shop a lot though. The guy I purchased my boat from would give me one to use anytime I sent it in. The company finally just offered to buy it back as they said they couldn't get it quite right. Does the IPilot have a channel track function? I have often wondered why you don't see that on motors today. With the nano technology the processing power is there and transducers have come a long way. Was fun while it lasted though. This thread makes me want to go get a boat with an IPilot....LOL.

Regards