PDA

View Full Version : What a sad sight at Cordell Hull Dam

Catch & Release
05-01-2013, 09:59 PM
These are above that dam at Cordell Hull, not below yet. Might do that tomorrow.

lupanfreitag
05-07-2013, 07:35 AM
All I can say is damn shame.

fishbait61832
05-07-2013, 11:46 PM
Is there any update about Cordell and shutting it down? I am trying to put a quick fishing trip together for down there within the next week or two.

tkwalker
05-07-2013, 11:56 PM
Is there any update about Cordell and shutting it down? I am trying to put a quick fishing trip together for down there within the next week or two.

No... The above section of the dam is of no concern (In Fact these buoys) have been in place for years ... except they said Caution !! . ... No one fishes it ?!?! ... So I really don't see why all of the alarm ...

The lower side is the concern ... The corps is still rattling swords here ...

Make your plans !! ........ We are still battling ... You don't see what Rick Duty and Wade White and Doug Markham have been pumping out ... We still need your support .... <'TK><

Catch & Release
05-08-2013, 04:28 AM
The Buoys are now below the dam, they were installed around noon on Monday. Here are this pictures. I am in strong opposition to these barriers and do not support them at all, but I cant as of this time bring myself to cross the buoy line.

nofish
05-08-2013, 06:33 AM
I bet they do center hill next, then old hickory, then priest, and so on....

My concern is that for some infractions you can have your boating privileges suspended for the year. If they do old hickory I was thinking about hanging a towel off each side of the boat over my registration numbers and then enter the "restricted" area so that when they tell me to leave and I don't I won't get a ticket in the mail. I think they'll try to make an example of the first people that cross it. I'll also put in down river at heartland so if they're on land waiting for me to load my boat at their ramp I can just leave the scene and head down river.

Bassassasin
05-08-2013, 09:23 AM
I bet they do center hill next, then old hickory, then priest, and so on....

My concern is that for some infractions you can have your boating privileges suspended for the year. If they do old hickory I was thinking about hanging a towel off each side of the boat over my registration numbers and then enter the "restricted" area so that when they tell me to leave and I don't I won't get a ticket in the mail. I think they'll try to make an example of the first people that cross it. I'll also put in down river at heartland so if they're on land waiting for me to load my boat at their ramp I can just leave the scene and head down river. The Barge is heading to OH as we speak!

Travis C.
05-08-2013, 09:30 AM
The Barge is heading to OH as we speak!

Now where are all the Somali Pirates when you really need them...:D

Catch & Release
05-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Well I don't know what the outcome will be but they (which I assume were corp rangers) had a camera mounted on a tripod taking pictures of the one single boat that ventured about 75 yards past the buoy line today.

nofish
05-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Well I don't know what the outcome will be but they (which I assume were corp rangers) had a camera mounted on a tripod taking pictures of the one single boat that ventured about 75 yards past the buoy line today.

So they're not putting cables between the buoys?

Catch & Release
05-08-2013, 12:58 PM
No cables

smith1
05-08-2013, 06:20 PM
No cables

Kind of looks like the corps is trying to send the message to everyone fighting them on this,screw you we will do what ever we want. This is a slap to the face to all the sportsman and politicians fighting this.

Trealtree
05-09-2013, 01:03 AM
I hope this doesn't happen to the rest of the areas around here.......

fishbait61832
05-09-2013, 02:32 AM
TK... I have sent emails and signed every list till I am blue in the face! But I will continue the fight. I buy the yearly license for TN. so I can fish those area's several times a year.

To me that is part of god's country.... I will find a way to still fish it!!

Saltwaterwalt
05-09-2013, 06:27 AM
Once they set it at OH, I would love to get 20 boats all lined up at the buoy line, boats kicked in gear to hold tight and then the front passengers holding up protest signs. Making sure of course that we tell a press photographer to be there taking pictures along side Delapps camera too.
Someone organize it, I'll be there with boat and sign in hand. (Doug, you watching?)

Lamar Alexander made the local Nash news again last night on this dam situation (pun intended), we can't let it lie for a second. :mad:

Catch & Release
05-09-2013, 06:39 AM
See what Lamar told them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZfRJH5KwNk

nofish
05-09-2013, 06:56 AM
See what Lamar told them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZfRJH5KwNk

Lamar told them! Who's your daddy!!!!!!!!!

She said we were going to put cables across but we didn't do that. That's no help to anyone cause there will still be repercussions if you cross them. I think the only reason they didn't put the cables in is because it would be to much trouble due to the logs and debris. It sure wasn't to "work" with us.

Catch & Release
05-09-2013, 07:04 AM
Lamar told them! Who's your daddy!!!!!!!!!

She said we were going to put cables across but we didn't do that. That's no help to anyone cause there will still be repercussions if you cross them. I think the only reason they didn't put the cables in is because it would be to much trouble due to the logs and debris. It sure wasn't to "work" with us.

Exactly that didnt make any sense, how is that working with us you still cant cross without repercussions... A bunch of BS!!!!!!!

ttitan27
05-09-2013, 08:55 AM
Way to go Lamar! Awesome!!

fairweatherfisherman
05-09-2013, 09:25 AM
I always did like Lamar, and I like him even more now!!