master_cat
05-01-2013, 09:40 PM
they set bouys at cordell hull today delapp must be a moron

agelesssone
05-01-2013, 10:14 PM
I guess we start taking them down?

tkwalker
05-02-2013, 01:43 AM
[Bad timing ... My boat is high and dry while I am rebuilding the trailer ....

Now This is me ... What I would do ... And don't let me influence you ... This is a test the Corps is putting out to see how much fear they can put in the local Hillbilly's ... And measure the clout factor they have ... THE TWRA IS NOT GOING TO ENFORCE !!!
I personally would be the first one at the ramp at Carthage in the morning ... Then I would motor straight to Cordell Hull which I have done for decades ...

Make sure I have my Life vest and other legal safety equipment on ... And motor straight to the dam and ignoring the Buoys ... TWRA is not going to enforce this that the Corp said they would ... This a power play by the Corp ... A clout factor ... A bulling so to speak ... RESTRICTED AREA !! SAYS WHO ???

So If the Membership would like to venture to Cordell Hull tomorrow in Force and smooze the dam ...Great ... Take as lot of pic's and we will post and send to Doug and Lamar ... No time limit ... If you want to protest this would be the time !!! I Know a lot of you are working ... But it would be a great show of force ....

The Corps Warning signs has no credibility ... But be safe ... A accident would be devastating at this point .... They would use it against us ...

The corps just wants to see how many people will ignore or obey the signs ...

Like I said we need a show of force ... I would ignore !!! My personal action ....

Now this one view ... The corps may look at this ....This way ... If everyone heeds to the signs ... No barriers necessary The barrier restrictions would be over ... This is a Cat and mouse play at this point ...<'TK>< ;) ]

Catch & Release
05-02-2013, 07:06 AM
The buoys they put out yesterday are above the dam, but they may put them out below dam at any time. I was below dam yesterday evening with none in site as of yet.

Travis C.
05-02-2013, 07:51 AM
Just a thought the other way TK, what if the buoy's are placed out to see if anyone passes through them to fish. Then they can snap a pic or come back and state it really needs to be cabled off due to the fact that the public can't protect themselves by heeding a warning buoy.

Bassassasin
05-02-2013, 03:18 PM
JMO I do not see them putting up a cable due to the fact that debris could get lodge against and thus adding more work for the corps!

Aquaholic6801
05-02-2013, 03:48 PM
TWRA may not enforce but what about the Coast Guard?

tkwalker
05-02-2013, 09:45 PM
TWRA may not enforce but what about the Coast Guard?

This district is manned out of Puducha, Ky (or shall I say Under manned) .. Main Hub .The Ohio, Mississippi, Tennessee, and the Cumberland, they all converge in this area ... and the USCG is undermanned Big time Boats and crews ... So the Statement that the Corps made this week about the TWRA and the KY Game and fish was just wishful thinking on their part .... <'TK><

Aquaholic6801
05-02-2013, 09:58 PM
I do run across the Coast Guard 2 or 3 times a year down below Old Hickory Dam....

tkwalker
05-02-2013, 10:10 PM
I do run across the Coast Guard 2 or 3 times a year down below Old Hickory Dam....

The USCG has to make inspections on commercial vessels up and down all of the waterways .... So seeing a USCG ever now and then is not uncommon ... But we are talking about 10 dams they are going to have to policed ...

Now the battle is not over ... Efforts are still being made to squash this injustice ... ... <'TK><

Aquaholic6801
05-02-2013, 10:25 PM
The thing is MOST people know when and when not to got below the Dams and fish....Ive been on vacation all week and havent been below Old Hickory Dam this week because it is flowing pretty hard and theres NO reason to be down there trying to fish......I did go to the bottom of JJP on Sunday and went all the way up to the Dam and fished around it as they had one sign folded up and one sign folded down (signs have been there for a couple years now)....I didnt see the down sign till I was leaving as it was on the opposite side of the river I was fishing....:confused:

Bassassasin
05-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Well I do not fish below the dams at all so this is not going to affect me, but for those of you who do I support you and will continue to help you fight!

Buccaneer
05-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Bassassasin - With all due respect this is about an erosion of all of our freedoms by a runaway agency without the authority to take these actions. What if your High School team had a competition below the dam (Cheatham Lake) and the best opportunity to sack a big bag is within the "restricted" area. As a coach what is your guidance to your anglers? The issue here is a grab of public property governed by the State by a Federal agency without authority. Every little chip away at your rock of freedom leaves you less and less. No More.

Bassassasin
05-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Bassassasin - With all due respect this is about an erosion of all of our freedoms by a runaway agency without the authority to take these actions. What if your High School team had a competition below the dam (Cheatham Lake) and the best opportunity to sack a big bag is within the "restricted" area. As a coach what is your guidance to your anglers? The issue here is a grab of public property governed by the State by a Federal agency without authority. Every little chip away at your rock of freedom leaves you less and less. No More.
Well with the safety regulations that the Student Angler Federation has, we are not allowed to go with 1000 feet of any dam or spillway and please do not think that just because I do not fish below dams that I do not support the movement to stop the restrictions! I do not condone the actions of the corps at all! Sorry if I came across that as long as it does not affect me then I don't care!

Catch & Release
05-03-2013, 09:17 PM
The sign is now up at the end of the lock wall below Cordell Hull dam now.They put it up around noon yesterday. I ran into a Ranger today and asked him when they would start ticketing anglers and what would the fine would be, he said as soon as the buoys are installed they would start with the citations and he said it would be up to the federal magistrate what the fine would be. He said the rangers would be the ones responsible for writing citations. So well see soon enough I guess. I know they have boats but I cant say I have ever seen any out there.

j19bill
05-03-2013, 09:33 PM
The sign is now up at the end of the lock wall below Cordell Hull dam now.They put it up around noon yesterday. I ran into a Ranger today and asked him when they would start ticketing anglers and what would the fine would be, he said as soon as the buoys are installed they would start with the citations and he said it would be up to the federal magistrate what the fine would be. He said the rangers would be the ones responsible for writing citations. So well see soon enough I guess. I know they have boats but I cant say I have ever seen any out there.

I'm also interested in just how much it gets enforced.

Hopefully we won't have to worry about it for too much longer. :banghead:

Sent from my Droid Bionic complete with typos and sarcasm.

white95v6
05-06-2013, 02:15 AM
When you say ranger. Are you talking about a twra person?

Catch & Release
05-06-2013, 07:00 AM
Army Corp of Engineer ranger

Catch & Release
05-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Buoy's are now set below Cordell Hull dam, even though I knew they were coming I can't believe they are finally here.