PDA

View Full Version : Old Hickory Bass

spottedbass
05-01-2013, 08:32 AM
I caught some yesterday but was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing that happened to me 6 or 7 times yesterday. I was fishing in Spencer Creek and I had my worm get a small tap and then the line starts off moving sideways. I set the hook and nothing. The hit is not a bluegill.

I did catch one bass that was 3 lb. but when it bit I would have swore it was a bluegill. The ones I caught yesterday hit very weird.

Are the bass on beds and just grabbing my worm by the tail and moving it off?

blink
05-01-2013, 08:36 AM
I caught some yesterday but was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing that happened to me 6 or 7 times yesterday. I was fishing in Spencer Creek and I had my worm get a small tap and then the line starts off moving sideways. I set the hook and nothing. The hit is not a bluegill.

I did catch one bass that was 3 lb. but when it bit I would have swore it was a bluegill. The ones I caught yesterday hit very weird.

Last Wednesday the same thing happened to me using a wacky worm. I missed so many fish! I think it is fish on beds just moving the worm off. I think switching to a jig will help. The same thing happened to me at a pond I was fishing sunday too, switched to a jig and had 4 bites and 4 hookups.

TroutFiend
05-01-2013, 08:56 AM
How's the water color on OHL? I usually fish around Lebanon access points.

Jdkxtreme
05-01-2013, 11:46 AM
I fished yesterday 04/30 from safe light to Noon and it was muddy. And had ALOT of stuff floating in it

spottedbass
05-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Blink, switching to a jig was actually was I was thinking too. Did not really have a set for a jig with me yesterday. I will be using one in the days to come.

The water in Spencer Creek toward the mouth was not too bad. Station Camp is a mud hole with stuff floating everywhere.

Bassassasin
05-01-2013, 02:09 PM

Use a lizard t-rigged for bedding bass, they think they are there to eat eggs or fry and will hit it hard!