PDA

View Full Version : Stop The Corps.

RADUTY
04-28-2013, 12:10 PM
It looks like the Corps of Engineers is going to try and get the tail-water barricades installed, while bureaucracy has the legislation to prevent it bogged down in the Washington machinery. What the Corps is trying to do is illegal on a number of fronts, and needs an immediade challenge.

Your State legislature is unanimously behind you - both houses... Ask your State Senator - ask all of 'em - to call or write Attorney General Cooper, and seek a Temporary Restraining Order against the Corps doing any more damage to our river. You'll find all the State Senators on two lists posted on this site. It's as easy as pulling up the list(s), click on the email address of a Senator, key in your message, and hit send. You don't have to be as windy as me. Just tell them that the Corps has side-stepped some legal requirements for such a project, is ignoring the public ownership of river, and is thumbing their nose at State and Federal legislators who represent us.

Fish Whisperer
04-28-2013, 09:18 PM
Unfortunately this site has become more of a slap on the back and an "atta boy" website than one of action....
I wrote my congressmen, but doubt few others have..
Keep up the good work you're doing..
Mike Janecki

Aquaholic6801
04-28-2013, 09:49 PM
I have written and called several times.....how many times do we need to tell them what they already know needs to be done to get this stopped......I mean if these "Leaders" are looking out for us why havent they already got an injunction in place....I had an Attorney that was interested in handling these things but I never heard back from TK who was suppose to pass this information on to who ever....and the Barkley Dam Rally was really a joke with all the one liners being spouted off by our "Leaders".... seemed more like a stop on an election campaign....

Alphahawk
04-28-2013, 10:02 PM
I think a lot of us have written to the elected officials....many of us more than once. I personally think "this site" has done a lot by getting out the info. This is still a fishing forum......the corp situation is of great importance but we all continue to fish....and many of us share much info on gear...fishing types....tackle and so on. Most of us are more than willing to help someone out on questions they have. I have gained a lot of good info from members on here. So be careful when you say most haven't written their congressman....you have no clue how many have done so...heck I live in a district where I can't even get a cursory e-mail response from my representative....and he has not been seen or heard to have any input on the situation.....and I am sure others have tried to get him on board but he is nowhere to be seen. fishingtn is a great forum...and no matter how the corp situation comes out will still be a great forum with a lot of good folks on here.

Regards

wordty
04-28-2013, 10:19 PM
AMEN to what Alphahawk said

j19bill
04-28-2013, 10:20 PM
I would be very hesitant to say people have not wrote or called their congressional representive. I have on multiple occasions. I kept bugging Desjarlas office until one of his staffers called to talk with me about it. We are doing what we can. Albeit some more than others but I doubt that most of the people on this site hasent done anything.

Sent from my Droid Bionic complete with typos and sarcasm.

tkwalker
04-29-2013, 12:22 AM
I think a lot of us have written to the elected officials....many of us more than once. I personally think "this site" has done a lot by getting out the info. This is still a fishing forum......the corp situation is of great importance but we all continue to fish....and many of us share much info on gear...fishing types....tackle and so on. Most of us are more than willing to help someone out on questions they have. I have gained a lot of good info from members on here. So be careful when you say most haven't written their congressman....you have no clue how many have done so...heck I live in a district where I can't even get a cursory e-mail response from my representative....and he has not been seen or heard to have any input on the situation.....and I am sure others have tried to get him on board but he is nowhere to be seen. fishingtn is a great forum...and no matter how the corp situation comes out will still be a great forum with a lot of good folks on here.

Regards

First off Randy, Wordty, J19bill.. Yes this is a fishing Forum ..But it is our Freedom !!!... your assessment is dead on ... No one has a clue what has been sent to the Legislators on this matter .. Where are we now from when the first Forum was attended in January/Feb at a local High School to sway the Corps ... And mainly get the attention of the News Media of what was going on and getting the attention of our legislators ...

Thanks to Rick Duty, Doug Markham and FishingTN.com ... The Rally at Barkley Dam was an example and a great success despite a few views!! Of what OUR Power did. Especially Sen. Alexander who has attended two Rally's and Is the Senior Senator who holds the Corps purse strings ..(Now I am A conservative who was going to vote him out the next term ... But He has taken a stand !!! ) ... We had The Most High Power Senators of KY/TN present and speaking ... (And did I mention with Secret Service Security) .... A Little different from a Forum at a local High School ... ..

Rick Duty has spent almost 500 man hours working on the logistics to combine media and Legislators to the KY/TN injustices that the Corps was about to spring on us ... ...

And then we have these two post ....

Post 1
"Unfortunately this site has become more of a slap on the back and an "atta boy" website than one of action....
I wrote my congressmen, but doubt few others have..
Keep up the good work you're doing.."
Mike Janecki (Fish Whisper... A Great member since 2008 with 199 post. )

Post 2
"I have written and called several times.....how many times do we need to tell them what they already know needs to be done to get this stopped......I mean if these "Leaders" are looking out for us why haven't they already got an injunction in place....I had an Attorney that was interested in handling these things but I never heard back from TK who was suppose to pass this information on to who ever....and the Barkley Dam Rally was really a joke with all the one liners being spouted off by our "Leaders".... seemed more like a stop on an election campaign...."
( Aquaholic6801 .. A great member Since Jan 2013 with 136 post ..)

First off I will say I was disappointed in Mikes post ... As far as Harry's post (a Hell of a Fisherman!!) I sent his Lawyer Info off to the powers to be about a local Law Firm taking on The Feds ... Especially the Corps ... ... ... Well Lets put it this way ... I was in management With Nissan Motor Mfg for 21 years .. We had a Wing of Lawyers who dealt with the Feds concerning DOT on a daily basis ... A hard row to hoe ... Ask bd , A high profile lawyer and Law Firm (and Friend and moderator to this site) ... Not saying this is the case but ...( Local law Firms who deal in single Social Security one on one case and other Fed agencies with litigations ) going up against the Corps is a different ball game ... Thanks Harry ... It takes congressional Intervention Here ...

What has and must happen is an AG (Attorney General) from KY/TN to step up ... At Least KY's Has !!! ... Still waiting on Tennessee AG ...

Folks ... Don't let the torch go dead ... Despite the Hear Sayers ..."Unfortunately this site has become more of a slap on the back and an "atta boy" website than one of action" From a previous post ... Mike, YOU HAVE NO IDEA, AND THAT STATEMENT HURTS !!! on what work has been going on while you were fishing ... Look at us this way we are the lobbyist who are fighting for your rights !! <'TK><

Look back on the earlier posts and send emails to the legislators that Rick has worked at and provided ... It does work ... We have them locked up and really all the Corps is doing now is rattling their swords !!! Thanks to Rick Duty and FishingTN and Doug Markham and TWRA's efforts ... We have the daddy rabbits in Washington's Attention ...This takes time with legislation ... Keep Hammering ... Don't depend on the next guy ... It is about your freedom ... The Feds have to much control with out do cause !!! <'TK><

Travis C.
04-29-2013, 07:20 AM
I get this feeling like once you sow a garden and get frost, lots of rain, then a flock of birds come pecking around. You hope or better yet pray something you've done leading up to that point has worked but with nothing to show for all the effort its discouraging. That is until those first few sprouts come up. It lights your fire again and you'll defend it from everything to ensure that remains.

This has been a long process and I think to see something concrete happen would go a long way in re-lighting some fires. Like that buoy getting taken out of the water at Cordell Hull "until further notice" for example. That buoy (my opinion) is only there to kill spirits not test.

Keep at it though...squeaky wheels will get oiled.