PDA

View Full Version : Fishing tomorrow

vincent
04-26-2013, 03:15 PM
Does anyone have an idea whether fishing will be good or bad tomorrow morning, with all that rain coming in tonight?

Jdkxtreme
04-26-2013, 04:10 PM
I thought about hitting the crappie tomorrow. I will play the weather by ear..

MNfisher
04-26-2013, 06:08 PM
I think it should be pretty good since its not a storm or much of a front. Just good rain. But fish are fish. They may or may not bite, you will never know without trying.

I stopped checking weather a while ago, I sometimes look and think it might be good or not, but if I have freetime and want to fish, I do, no matter the weather!

Alphahawk
04-26-2013, 06:21 PM
Several years back I read a piece by Doug Markham. Basically.....and I am paraphrasing here..."You won't know if you don't go...so go". I look at the weather and fronts and will sometimes blame it on the cold front when I don't catch fish....but when I do go and catch tons of fish on the back side of a cold front what do I say then....LOL. But one thing I don't deal with is lightning.

regards

MNfisher
04-26-2013, 06:28 PM
but one thing i don't deal with is lightning.

Regards

x2

Travis C.
04-26-2013, 07:27 PM
Yeah, lightning is not a dude to mess with. If you can hear thunder then you can be struck by lightning.

Slowing down and shrinking your baits is a smart move. A good rain always brings fresh water in and washes food into the lakes/rivers.

Just be safe.

Aquaholic6801
04-26-2013, 08:40 PM
I have a saying....."You cant catch'em laying on the couch....."

+3 on the lightning though.....

vincent
04-26-2013, 09:37 PM
Am going anyway tomorrow morning, rain or shine. Not buying bait. Hope to catch few gills on my bison color TM & use them for bait. Shiners@ 7$/dozen are expensive, especially when I havent had a hybrid bass yet...

nomad60
04-27-2013, 07:58 AM
Hope the rain there isn't as bad as it is here. It's been pouring hard all morning, wouldn't be surprised if we've received well over an inch so far. Have you ever heard of that movie "A River Runs Through It?" That's my back yard right now :D

MNfisher
04-27-2013, 09:19 AM
I just ran a half marathon in that CRAP!!!! Brutal!! But should get some generators going and fishing will get good!!!

vincent
04-27-2013, 10:24 AM
Had a good day.at JPP Seven Points. A 5 lb hybrid and 4 crappies. rs.in bison color TM is good. Caught many gills and 4 crappie on that thing. I was so happy not to have lost any TM- usually it snags and I end up using 3 or 4 of them. But then, the damn slope slipped,and I lost my whole tackle box worth some 150$. Should be resting at the bottom of Suggs creek now. Time to get everything all over. :(. Nevertheless, a good fishing day although it rained. Will post pics later. BTW, water level was way down, so they must have been generating in anticipation of the rain today..

Transplanted Sportsman
04-27-2013, 11:07 AM
[QUOTE=nomad60;32802]Hope the rain there isn't as bad as it is here. It's been pouring hard all morning, wouldn't be surprised if we've received well over an inch so far. Have you ever heard of that movie "A River Runs Through It?" That's my back yard right now :D

I know what you mean Nomad, my best friend says we need to throw some duck decoys in there!, it is just as big as most creeks right now!!

Transplanted Sportsman
04-27-2013, 11:11 AM
[QUOTE=vincent;32811]Had a good day.at JPP Seven Points. A 5 lb hybrid and 4 crappies. rs.in bison color TM is good. Caught many gills and 4 crappie on that thing. I was so happy not to have lost any TM- usually it snags and I end up using 3 or 4 of them. But then, the damn slope slipped,and I lost my whole tackle box worth some 150$. Should be resting at the bottom of Suggs creek now. Time to get everything all over. :(. Nevertheless, a good fishing day although it rained. Will post pics later. BTW, water level was way down, so they must have been generating in anticipation of the rain today.

nice catches on the TM!!, now you know even in rain the do bite, when my girlfriend ask me why I'm going out if it is raining I tell her that to fish does not matter fish are already wet!!, sorry you lost your tackle box, most fishermen have some dough invested in them!!

MNfisher
04-27-2013, 11:47 AM
Nice work! Did you get the hybrid on a bluegill?

Sorry about your tackle box! That sucks!

nomad60
04-27-2013, 12:03 PM
I know what you mean Nomad, my best friend says we need to throw some duck decoys in there!, it is just as big as most creeks right now!!

LOL. I was thinking it would be the perfect place to practice with a fly rod, having current and all; who knows, I may even land one.

nomad60
04-27-2013, 12:04 PM
Had a good day.at JPP Seven Points. A 5 lb hybrid and 4 crappies. rs.in bison color TM is good. Caught many gills and 4 crappie on that thing. I was so happy not to have lost any TM- usually it snags and I end up using 3 or 4 of them. But then, the damn slope slipped,and I lost my whole tackle box worth some 150$. Should be resting at the bottom of Suggs creek now. Time to get everything all over. :(. Nevertheless, a good fishing day although it rained. Will post pics later. BTW, water level was way down, so they must have been generating in anticipation of the rain today..

Sorry to hear about the tackle but good going on the fishing and getting out there in the rain!

vincent
04-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Nice work! Did you get the hybrid on a bluegill?

Sorry about your tackle box! That sucks!

Yes. I used a bluegill I caught on TM as bait. I did not buy any bait today. I was determined to only use TM...Already ordered 50 $ worth TM. Those things take a week to ship and I wanna have some spare. Right now, don't have any but the one already on my U L rod.

Man, when the crappie bites, it seems like the hook is caught up on rocks...UL is real cool...

Travis C.
04-27-2013, 01:50 PM
Sounds like a productive day minus losing the tackle box. Look at the bright side, they weren't fishing you off the bottom of Suggs and at least the order of TM's wasn't in there yet.

vincent
04-27-2013, 04:23 PM
Sounds like a productive day minus losing the tackle box. Look at the bright side, they weren't fishing you off the bottom of Suggs and at least the order of TM's wasn't in there yet.

Right Travis, I can't complain. It was a good day. When everything else failed. I thought about jumping in to save my box, am a good swimmer, but something in me said 'let it go'. I tried to first save it using a tree limb, but almost couldn't reach it. Then I ran in the woods and tried to bring down a tree, it bends but wouldn't break. Then I found one that broke, but when I looked in the water, my tacklebox just started sinking.

Why I ordered more TM is because the tackle box had the remaining 49 bison lures and the remaining 49 1/64 black hooks. Y'day, I opened a new set from Leland lures and put one on my UL rod and all remaining ones in my tacklebox. :). Never mind, time to get a new one.

Now I know for sure if there is fish, TM will catch it.

Alphahawk
04-27-2013, 06:39 PM
Sorry about the tackle box....been there and done that. I left my complete supply of Trout Magnets at the ramp at Williamsport....realized it maybe 5 minutes out and turned around to go back and it was gone. I never saw or heard anyone. Glad you caught fish.

Regards

creekcrappie
04-27-2013, 09:37 PM
When I was 8 or 9 I left my tackle box and new rod and reel combo out side overnight. I went to get it the next morning because I forgot it, and it was gone. The rod was $30, and my tackle box was probably $150.

Nice fish thought!