PDA

View Full Version : Scout Look App.

Alphahawk
04-24-2013, 05:12 PM
I bought this app quite a while back and it just sat on my phone. The past few weeks I finally decided to see what the app can do for a fisherman. IMHO if you fish....be it from boat...bank....kayak.....this app is very handy to have. It gives you the solunar times for best fishing...if you believe in fishing by the moon phases. It also gives weather forecasts and current conditions at your location or any of the locations you may have saved. But to me the best part of this app is the wind drift. When it displays wind drift up pops the satellite view and a little boat shows which way it will be pushed. Now I used this the other day to look at all the places I fished to see where would be the most advantageous place for me to head out to. I didn't want to be casting into the wind and made my choice of where to go using the app. Check it out...its very useful.

Regards

wordty
04-25-2013, 08:36 PM
I recently got the Navionics iPhone app, and this one suggested by you sounds like it will be a great one to have as well. It is good to read a review by someone who knows fishing (as we all know you do) as opposed to reading the reviews the app store when you don't know who left those reviews. If the king of the Bison TM endorses it, we know it is good...as you would say "Regards"

Jdkxtreme
04-25-2013, 08:41 PM
I down loaded the Scout APP and can not get the Fish Entry to work for some weird reason

Alphahawk
04-25-2013, 08:45 PM
I recently got the Navionics iPhone app, and this one suggested by you sounds like it will be a great one to have as well. It is good to read a review by someone who knows fishing (as we all know you do) as opposed to reading the reviews the app store when you don't know who left those reviews. If the king of the Bison TM endorses it, we know it is good...as you would say "Regards"

Thanks for your kind words. I also bought the Navionics. It really is useful also. I used the Scout Look today to pull up my spots I wanted to fish and based my choice on the wind drift. Wind directly in your face with 2# test is a killer. It just makes it easy with the satellite view to see where you would be in a boat or even on the bank and how the wind relates to you. A lot of folks don't pay any attention to solunar tables but I feel there is something to it.....it was right today anyway...LOL.

Regards

Alphahawk
04-25-2013, 08:50 PM
I down loaded the Scout APP and can not get the Fish Entry to work for some weird reason

I have it for the iPhone and it works fine. I have never tried the support email but give it a try.

Regards

j19bill
04-26-2013, 05:46 PM
I've been using My Fishing Companion. Same concept. I really like the UI it has.

Sent from my Droid Bionic complete with typos and sarcasm.

MNfisher
04-26-2013, 06:01 PM
I use the iSolunar app. Gives everything Alpha says except the wind drift. That would be nice. The app I use has a "trophy room". Where you can save a picture with size, location, temp, moon phase, bait, etc. kind of a way to keep a log in ur phone.

Reel Tune
04-28-2013, 05:23 PM
Been using Scoutlook for about two years, it's only been out for mobile devices for about 8 months or so. They are always updaying, and making it more user friendly. Been using the Navionics APP for less than two months and I'm really enjoying it. Just got my first SMART phone about two months ago.

Jeremy