PDA

View Full Version : Cold front fishing

Rover1966
04-20-2013, 08:53 PM
What are your opinions on the cool snap and its effect on OHL bass fishing? I plan on getting out on the river above the main lake. I usually put in at Cairo in Gallatin and go up river.

Buccaneer
04-21-2013, 05:04 PM
Rover, how'd you do? I went this morning 8:30 - 1:00 PM and as I was getting off Old Hickory water temps were 59 in the mid-lake area as compared to the 57 when I started. The cold front seems to have knocked the water temps back 3 degrees from what I found last weekend. Caught 4 13" black crappie in 3' depths none had eggs. No bass throwing square bill and A-rig in spawning flats. Lots of shad but no bass amongst them.

BMelton
04-21-2013, 08:23 PM
If the weather will stay somewhat stable this week, the weekend of 25-28 will be great. Full moon on thursday will insure the females will be there. Go to the backs of the creeks. the very back! find the ones that catch sunlight on a semi hard hottom to gravel. All my fish from last weekend were ready to spawn, had been fanning extremely. but the weather sent the out to the first drop. now when the weather stabalizes and the moon is full....its hammer time. release all bedding fish unless tournament.

Rover1966
04-21-2013, 09:46 PM
Thanks Buccaneer. I'll be out there tomorrow.

blink
04-22-2013, 05:44 AM
Looks like another cold front is moving in this Wednesday. I wonder what this will do to the fishing.