PDA

View Full Version : JPP 4-7 and 4-8

FloatNFish
04-08-2013, 11:06 PM
I hit Priest the last two days looking for crappie. Had some luck Sunday but didn't do too well today. Both days were pretty windy. I spent most of my time anchored up around stake beds so I didn't have to fight it.

Sunday I launched out of Hurricane Creek around 5:30 and fished until it was starting to get dark. I ended up with three keepers off of stake beds. Also caught a couple gills and short crappie. The two 10 inch fish came twitching white/chart trout magnets and the 12 inch fish came on a minnow under a float. I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of these trout magnets.

Today I launched out of Stewart Creek. I only managed to get a couple small gills and one short crappie to the boat. The crappie came on a minnow under a float while the gills came on bison colored trout magnet. I didn't catch many fish today but it sure was nice to be out there!

The carp were going crazy today in shallow water. Are they starting their spawn? They were splashing around and all but beaching themselves.

-Alex

Alphahawk
04-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Nice fat crappies. Yeah that wind is tough. Had to fish under the float today.

Regards