PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati spots?

TroutFiend
04-03-2013, 09:50 AM
Hey guys, I have to travel up to north side of Cincinnati for work training the 1 st week of May. It looks like I will be in the Sharonville suburb. I seen a few small lakes on google close to hotel. Anyone one ever bank fish anywhere near this area?

bfish
04-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Hey guys, I have to travel up to north side of Cincinnati for work training the 1 st week of May. It looks like I will be in the Sharonville suburb. I seen a few small lakes on google close to hotel. Anyone one ever bank fish anywhere near this area?

There is a Bass Pro shop just a couple exits down, they should have some info on area fishing. Miami River is nearby and has lots of public access (especially near the low head dam in Hamilton).

TroutFiend
04-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Always love a new Bass Pro shop. Need some panfish magnets anyways. Will ask around and check out the Miami. Thanks!

Mr.Duk
04-03-2013, 08:28 PM
There is a small lake in the park in Sharonville, lots of small fish. Lake Isabelle in Loveland a little bit of a drive but some big cats. Both are some sort of fee. River is a good float and fish. Nice area, if you have time to catch a Reds game the ballpark is great.
Mike

TroutFiend
04-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Thanks Mike. The Reds are my fav team, first major league game I ever saw was at that park. Do you know of there are age restrictions at Sharon's park for fishing?

nofish
04-04-2013, 02:06 AM
At Stubbs mills rd and mason morrow milgrove rd in south lebanon, Ohio which is 30 minutes north of Cincinnati there are 2 small lakes/large ponds or old abandoned rock quarrys on each side of the road and they are both right next to the little Miami river, literally walking distance to all 3 areas. Use Google maps and search 2200 mason morrow Milgrove rd, south lebanon, Ohio. Both of the small lakes have bass and catfish. I never fished for anything else. I lived in south lebanon and lebanon, Ohio from 1999- 2007. You can get there from the kings island exit off of 71n or the next exit which is the south lebanon exit.

nofish
04-04-2013, 02:12 AM
I don't know how far you want to drive, but I used to take a lil Jon boat I had and fish cowan lake. I got into crappie real good here a few times and they have Muskie in this lake. It also has a 10hp limit. The bait store on the way to the lake always had fresh pictures or recent catches of crappie, bass, and catfish.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/cowanlk/tabid/722/default.aspx

nofish
04-04-2013, 02:15 AM
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/caesarck/tabid/720/Default.aspx

This is the only other place I fished and know of other than the obvious Ohio river.

nofish
04-04-2013, 02:20 AM

Sorry, it's late and I read this wrong. I was thinking you traveled up there for work often that's why I put some of the farther away ones. Hope you have a good trip and good luck fishing!