PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to TKWalker

Jdkxtreme
03-27-2013, 10:02 PM
TK done a few repairs on my boat motor for me. Being new to boats and fishing it's hard to find someone who you can trust to work on your boat and not take advantage of you. He did the following to my motor for me.
1.Removed lower unit resealed,pressure tested and serviced.
2. Replaced Water pump Impeller.
3. Replaced missing water screens.
4. Reinstalled and tested.
And as a bonus found me a used prop that is the right size for my boat.

I was more than pleased with the Service, Price and the time frame it was done in...
I got more than a boat repair. I got an education. He answered all the questions I had and never just blew me off...

Thank you TK....

wordty
03-27-2013, 10:17 PM
I am "in the same boat"...I am thankful to TK for the GREAT work done on my old Seahorse 15 hp two years ago and how I could trust him and know that he was doing excellent, honest work. He also taught me a thing or two about the motor and gave me great tips and advice. Had it not been for my searching for motor repair work, I would have never found this awesome website where I spend (way too much) time every day. While I am in a kind mood, let me thank all of you for your input and tips and pictures that you share on here...it is one of my finest addictions!

God bless!
Todd Young

Arlo.
03-27-2013, 11:38 PM
I would also recommend TK. He rebuilt a lower unit for me last fall and I learned quite a bit from just listening to him talk shop.

If there would've been a place to sit down and drink coffee, I would have been tempted to just hang out (maybe I'm onto something... The Old Outboard Cafe?).

Thank you TK.

Reel Tune
03-28-2013, 07:51 AM
Wow great stories. It goes to show you there are still good people out there who will treat you right. I've been to the Old Outboard Barn, and it's a really cool place, it's like you step back in history. If I ever need an outboard or know anyone who needs an outboard worked on I know where I'm sending them.

Jeremy

TroutFiend
03-28-2013, 09:56 AM
That is good to know. TK do you have any small outboards for sale?

tkwalker
03-28-2013, 11:56 AM
That is good to know. TK do you have any small outboards for sale?

Yes, a 1978 4 HP Johnson ... Ign Tuned up, great compression, carb rebuilt, new water pump Imp. New Fuel line and bulb and a used tank .. $375.00 .... <'TK><

nofish
03-28-2013, 12:30 PM
He does great work. He's right up there with Ricks restorations on the history channel.

TroutFiend
03-28-2013, 09:22 PM
Yes, a 1978 4 HP Johnson ... Ign Tuned up, great compression, carb rebuilt, new water pump Imp. New Fuel line and bulb and a used tank .. $375.00 Pictures later .... <'TK><

TK, is that a short shaft 2 stroke?

tkwalker
03-28-2013, 09:34 PM
TK, is that a short shaft 2 stroke?

Yes, to all of the above .... <'TK><

TroutFiend
03-29-2013, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the pics, did that model have reverse

Travis C.
03-29-2013, 10:25 AM
Tk, would that push a 14ft jon or 15ft jon up the Caney against flow?

I have been shopping and gathering info on the right weight/power outboard for my 14ft polarkraft and TroutFiend just got a 15ft tracker so he'd be interested probably in the response as well. There has been an array of answers so far from yes to a 4hp all the way to you need no less than a 20hp. Kind of want to buy it once not upgrade later.

Thanks...

TroutFiend
03-29-2013, 11:09 AM
tk, would that push a 14ft jon or 15ft jon up the caney against flow?

I have been shopping and gathering info on the right weight/power outboard for my 14ft polarkraft and troutfiend just got a 15ft tracker so he'd be interested probably in the response as well. There has been an array of answers so far from yes to a 4hp all the way to you need no less than a 20hp. Kind of want to buy it once not upgrade later.

Thanks...

x2..

tkwalker
03-29-2013, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the pics, did that model have reverse

No this model uses a 360 deg system ...no gear box ..

tkwalker
03-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Tk, would that push a 14ft jon or 15ft jon up the Caney against flow?

I have been shopping and gathering info on the right weight/power outboard for my 14ft polarkraft and TroutFiend just got a 15ft tracker so he'd be interested probably in the response as well. There has been an array of answers so far from yes to a 4hp all the way to you need no less than a 20hp. Kind of want to buy it once not upgrade later.

Thanks...

Yes ...I used a 5 HP for years on a flatbottom with full gen ... no problem ..<'TK><

Travis C.
03-29-2013, 11:17 AM
Yes ...I used a 5 HP for years on a flatbottom with full gen ... no problem ..<'TK><

Thanks TK, that will save me weight and in the pocketbook.

That should still be tank on the top some of the outboard in those hp's?

tkwalker
03-29-2013, 11:32 AM
Thanks TK, that will save me weight and in the pocketbook.

That should still be tank on the top some of the outboard in those hp's?

No, this model does not have a built in tank ... Remote tank only .. <'TK><

Travis C.
03-29-2013, 04:12 PM

PM- Sent TK...