PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Brewer's Rods

2atmsu
03-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Has anyone bought one of these rods and if so are they happy with it? Guess I just need to buy something. LOL!!!!

SAMBOLIE
03-26-2013, 07:38 PM
i was at the Slider factory in Lawrenceburg last year and saw the rods. They feel great, however I have too many rods and did not buy.
If you get one please report back with your thoughts about it.

I purchased one of Charlie's original Slider rods back in the 80's and was dumb enough to sell it a couple years back.

Aquaholic6801
03-26-2013, 11:09 PM
What type of set up does Mr. Brewer recommend to throw His Sliders?....as that is one of the my main baits I use......speed, action,length.....etc.....

SAMBOLIE
03-27-2013, 05:18 AM
What type of set up does Mr. Brewer recommend to throw His Sliders?....as that is one of the my main baits I use......speed, action,length.....etc.....

I notice on the web site that all rods are 4' 9 ". This is (I believe) the same as the original. When I was at their company they had some longer rods.
I fish the 4" slider worm on any of my medium action spinning rods. My favorite is a Team Daiwa Small Mouth rod that Tony Bean designed. It is 6' 1" medium action.
I will dig out my old copy of Charlie Brewer's slider fishing book and re educate myself. A couple of things stand out in my memory. 1. If you think you are fishing slow, then slow down. 2. If you feel like you are reeling in a wet sock do not use a jaw breaking hook set. Simply speed up the retrieve and set hook with a medium jerk.

I would not go fishing without a Slider worm in the tackle box.

Off subject, however, does anyone own a Bill Lewis Rat-L-Trap rod?

Travis C.
03-27-2013, 09:04 AM
I will have to check out the rods.

The do-nothing's are always kept in my bag.