PDA

View Full Version : Crappie spawn on ppl

creekcrappie
03-25-2013, 12:35 PM
Hey guys, I am new to the site, and my name is Isaac. I am 13 Years old, and I do not have a boat. I love to fish, but I do not know very many spots to fish at for crappie. It would be great if you could tell me some places to fish on Percy Priest lake, during the upcoming crappie spawn. I have a pair of waders, and I love to fish for trout in them with trout magnets. I like using minnows for crappie, as well as crappie jigs. I am also about to move over to the Lamar hill boat ramp area. Thanks, Isaac

nofish
03-25-2013, 05:13 PM
Hey guys, I am new to the site, and my name is Isaac. I am 13 Years old, and I do not have a boat. I love to fish, but I do not know very many spots to fish at for crappie. It would be great if you could tell me some places to fish on Percy Priest lake, during the upcoming crappie spawn. I have a pair of waders, and I love to fish for trout in them with trout magnets. I like using minnows for crappie, as well as crappie jigs. I am also about to move over to the Lamar hill boat ramp area. Thanks, Isaac

Try jefferson springs rec area, Stewart's creek rec area, seven points rec area, and there are some spots on the bank in Hamilton creek where you can reach some brushpiles I fish from a boat. Welcome to the site.

creekcrappie
03-25-2013, 06:40 PM
Thanks, I will definitely try soon, if it ever warms up. What bait should I use? My favorite bait to use is a bobby garland baby shad. Also, when will be a good time to go?

j19bill
03-26-2013, 08:45 PM
I live pretty close to that boat ramp. There are areas in that cove you can catch some nice bass from the bank. However the crappie I have caught near there I've been in my small boat over by the TWRA stake beds.

Sent from my Droid Bionic complete with typos and sarcasm.

creekcrappie
03-27-2013, 09:20 AM
I live pretty close to that boat ramp. There are areas in that cove you can catch some nice bass from the bank. However the crappie I have caught near there I've been in my small boat over by the TWRA stake beds.

I have never actually caught a bass off the bank in Percy priest lake. If I was going to try, what baits should I use?

j19bill
03-28-2013, 06:46 PM
I have never actually caught a bass off the bank in Percy priest lake. If I was going to try, what baits should I use?

Really just depends. Everything from spinner baits to green pumpkin seed worms bumped off the bottom.

creekcrappie
03-28-2013, 07:38 PM
Really just depends. Everything from spinner baits to green pumpkin seed worms bumped off the bottom.

What do you think they would be biting now?

MNfisher
03-28-2013, 09:46 PM
The baits J19bill mentioned will work, along with tubes, flukes, and in a few weeks some top waters! Just start tossing some baits, you never know until you try!

agelesssone
03-29-2013, 12:02 AM
Creekcrappie,

I am going fishing at a small isolated walk in lake tomorrow. I put together a few baits that are "go to" baits in the prespawn water temps we are in right now.

First bait I'll throw in the morning will be a 5/16 ounce peanut butter colored jig with a Missile Baits D Bomb Super Bug trailer. I'll fish it on the bottom, SLOWLY, dragging it more than hopping it.

Once the sun warms the water a degree or two, I'll throw a four inch suspending jerkbait, Lucky Craft Blade Cross, in Tennessee shad color.

My next bait will be a spinnerbait with a six inch lizard trailer in watermelon w/red flake. If that doesn't work, I'll throw a Rapala DT 6 red craw colored crank bait for awhile. If the water warms up into the mid fifties, I'll try a slow retrieved buzzbait to see if they are ready for topwater baits. I also have an assortment of plastic lizards, crawfish, and worms to try.

NOW, if anyone can vouch for who you are and you are and what (inexperienced young fisherman) you say you are, I will make you up a tacklebox of all the stuff you need to fish with to get you started. We can meet up, I'll take you out on my boat and GIVE you the tackle box full of stuff to catch any fish we have in the area.

Has anyone met creekcrappie?

tkwalker
03-29-2013, 12:25 AM
Creekcrappie,

I am going fishing at a small isolated walk in lake tomorrow. I put together a few baits that are "go to" baits in the prespawn water temps we are in right now.

First bait I'll throw in the morning will be a 5/16 ounce peanut butter colored jig with a Missile Baits D Bomb Super Bug trailer. I'll fish it on the bottom, SLOWLY, dragging it more than hopping it.

Once the sun warms the water a degree or two, I'll throw a four inch suspending jerkbait, Lucky Craft Blade Cross, in Tennessee shad color.

My next bait will be a spinnerbait with a six inch lizard trailer in watermelon w/red flake. If that doesn't work, I'll throw a Rapala DT 6 red craw colored crank bait for awhile. If the water warms up into the mid fifties, I'll try a slow retrieved buzzbait to see if they are ready for topwater baits. I also have an assortment of plastic lizards, crawfish, and worms to try.

NOW, if anyone can vouch for who you are and you are and what (inexperienced young fisherman) you say you are, I will make you up a tacklebox of all the stuff you need to fish with to get you started. We can meet up, I'll take you out on my boat and GIVE you the tackle box full of stuff to catch any fish we have in the area.

Has anyone met creekcrappie?

Merv, Issac wanted me to ask his Dad for permission to join the site ... I emailed his Dad and told him we were a Family oriented site and other info ... His Dad gave permission ... ... I would get contact info from Issac and call his Dad ... <'TK><

j19bill
03-29-2013, 12:29 AM

Probably the first thing Id try right now would be a #5 Rapala Shad Rap in Red Crawdad. I know Academy in Smyrna stocks them.

agelessone has extremely good suggestions also. It would be worth while in trying those also.

Here in a few weeks when I actually have time to fish again. We can meet up (providing parental approvement) at Lamar hill and I'll show you where in talking about. I normally try to fish the Caney first but if they are generating ill go here since im so close to it.

agelesssone
03-29-2013, 01:41 AM
creekcrappie, send me a private message and give me some information on how to contact your dad.

Once I talk to him, I will contact you.