PDA

View Full Version : Went Sauger Fishing And Only Caught Walleye

Fish Whisperer
03-10-2013, 04:03 PM
I went below OHD to try and catch some more sauger for my freezer then the wind forced me to change plans(thank God), we went downstream and caught two limits of walleye.. We caught some nice 15'-18' smallies too, I've never had a day like this on the river and doubt it'll happen again, but damn it was fun....

Alphahawk
03-10-2013, 04:42 PM
We should all have your problems "went fishing for sauger and ONLY caught walleye"............LOL...way to go!

Regards

browntrout
03-10-2013, 05:00 PM
I went below OHD to try and catch some more sauger for my freezer then the wind forced me to change plans(thank God), we went downstream and caught two limits of walleye.. We caught some nice 15'-18' smallies too, I've never had a day like this on the river and doubt it'll happen again, but damn it was fun....

Reminds me of my hunting days, go deer hunting and all I would see we're squirrels, go squirrel hunting and all I would see is deer.

Sounds like a great day. Congrats on the fish!

Roy

Fish Whisperer
03-10-2013, 06:13 PM
It was definitely unexpected..

agelesssone
03-10-2013, 08:50 PM
fish whisperer, if you were fishing for sauger and caught only walleye, you shoulda just throed'em back and kept right on fishin for sauger til you caught some. I caint belive you would lower yer principles like that! I'm damn near tempted to disown you......and unfriend you on facebook,and tell folks I dont know where or how you went wrong. And you uste to be such a good boy!

agelesssone
03-10-2013, 08:59 PM
if'n yu'ud like to tell me where them pesky walleyes were caught, I'd shur help a brother out and go clean out abunch of'em so's you could get at them thar saugers yous a wantin. Oh, and what them there wallies were bitin on...make it easier fer me to clean' emo out fer ya!

tkwalker
03-11-2013, 12:23 AM
if'n yu'ud like to tell me where them pesky walleyes were caught, I'd shur help a brother out and go clean out abunch of'em so's you could get at them thar saugers yous a wantin. Oh, and what them there wallies were bitin on...make it easier fer me to clean' emo out fer ya!

This goes to show you how our Membership became one big family to help out a fellow angler in distress ... Who is infested with the trash fish ... 'The Walleye" !!...

I ... Myself and my RiverHawk was hooked up to head to the Caney in the AM to load up on my favorite table Fair ... Bowfin and Carp ... But like Merv, I will sacrafice a day on the water to help a member ... (by the way Merv did you catch what he was using to hook these trashy Devil's !!! I'll go with you if you bring Snorkster along ... That way I am sure we can make it back home ... PS I use to have a Snorkster,(schnauzer) sweet old dog ... Her registered name was "Little Lady Belle Tinker II" .. We called her Tinker .. ) .. ;) <'TK><

Travis C.
03-11-2013, 08:04 AM

I have a feeling with a couple more warm weeks the fishing with really pick up.

Good catch.

ditz1
03-11-2013, 12:55 PM
It is a terrible happening to settle for the lowly walleye. Give me a time and place to come and pick them up so they won't take up room in your freezer.

blink
03-11-2013, 12:58 PM
i have never caught either. I will have to figure out how its done sometime.

Fish Whisperer
03-12-2013, 08:03 PM
It was purely luck.. We happened to stop and fish at the right place at the right time.... I told Merv that as many hours that I've put on that river this has never happened, and may never happen to me again, but damn it was fun.

MNfisher
03-12-2013, 09:41 PM
It was purely luck.. We happened to stop and fish at the right place at the right time.... I told Merv that as many hours that I've put on that river this has never happened, and may never happen to me again, but damn it was fun.

Sounds like a blast! What size walleyes were they?

Fish Whisperer
03-12-2013, 09:51 PM
They were 18" to 21"...

agelesssone
03-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Mike, being your "good buddy", I am going to go out tomorrow and remove more of those trash fish, commonly known as "walleye", so they don't get in your way of catching the highly prized sauger.

I feel it's only sporting of me to support a brother angler's pursuit of said sportfish by removing trashfish for him. And maybe we can hookup this weekend and catch the princely sauger!
And if they aren't willing, possibly clear out some more trashy fish from the mighty Cumberland! Looking forward to this weekend.

Fish Whisperer
03-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Haha! I hope you wear em out..