PDA

View Full Version : Mystery tackle box or tackle grab?

j19bill
03-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Anyone use these services? They are a subscription service that sends tackle to you. The youtube videos seem like they send some interesting stuff. The first month is $5 so i figured why not.

Just wanted to know if anyone else a has tried them.

Sent from my Droid Bionic complete with typos and sarcasm.

j19bill
03-30-2013, 02:51 AM
I received my fist box from Tackle grab here is a video I did of it. Ill probby go ahead and cancel this What I got would be worth the $5 for the first month but at $16 a month after that's not going to cut it.

http://youtu.be/9m5xrJ57KRo

blink
04-03-2013, 12:14 PM
I have Mystery Tackle Box and love it.
Its $15 a month, and you get at least $20 worth of stuff every time.

I like it because it forces me to try new lures and techniques outside of my comfort zone.

Travis C.
04-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Interesting concept but I have never tried it.

Those Back Stabbers (the crank with the hook on the top) never really took off. I remember when they came out maybe 2-3 years ago. There has been several places that I noticed they were marked down. Not to say they won't catch fish because any bait will catch fish put in the right situation.

SAMBOLIE
04-03-2013, 12:49 PM

Those Back Stabbers (the crank with the hook on the top) never really took off. I remember when they came out maybe 2-3 years ago. There has been several places that I noticed they were marked down. Not to say they won't catch fish because any bait will catch fish put in the right situation.

Right. Even the Dance eel will catch fish if you use it as a snatching rig.

blink
04-03-2013, 01:02 PM

Yeah those are on clearance at tacklewarehouse.

Mystery Tackle Box seems to have some really good baits. New stuff too.
I am excited to get mine every month. I have one coming in the next few days.....

Down4ttown
04-04-2013, 07:28 PM
I was thinking about joining fishhound. Pick the bait you want and review it.

j19bill
04-04-2013, 10:56 PM
Im hoping that the Mystery tackle box will be better. I was disappointed in Tackle grab. From everything i was reading people were saying that tackle grab was better. Ill do another video when the MTB comes in.

The backstabber is a nice concept. I can see where it would have its advantages. Like if your dropping it in to grass. But im not sure I will use it.

I am digging the top water lure though. I think in a few weeks it will do very well.

And yes those plastic worms stunk very bad. I couldn't even wash off that stench.

j19bill
04-04-2013, 11:06 PM
I was thinking about joining fishhound. Pick the bait you want and review it.

Sounds interesting may check that one out next.

j19bill
04-13-2013, 11:26 PM
Here is the video of the mystery tackle box.

http://youtu.be/fCR0XhWUdgo

blink
04-15-2013, 07:42 AM
So did you like the Mystery Tackle Box better?

My April box had a Live Target Frog ($10.49) and 3 or 4 different plastics and some ewg hooks. I was surprised that you got such different baits.

j19bill
04-15-2013, 12:00 PM
So did you like the Mystery Tackle Box better?

My April box had a Live Target Frog ($10.49) and 3 or 4 different plastics and some ewg hooks. I was surprised that you got such different baits.

I did like the Mystery tackle box better. I was surprised that some of the other April unboxing videos had different stuff. After I saw the live target frog in one I really wanted to try it. Not that I don't have a box full of frogs but there is something magical about a LM destroying a top water frog.

blink
04-15-2013, 12:08 PM
I did like the Mystery tackle box better. I was surprised that some of the other April unboxing videos had different stuff. After I saw the live target frog in one I really wanted to try it. Not that I don't have a box full of frogs but there is something magical about a LM destroying a top water frog.

Indeed. I am going to try it out Wednesday on OH if i can find some vegetation to throw it into.

j19bill
04-15-2013, 12:25 PM
Indeed. I am going to try it out Wednesday on OH if i can find some vegetation to throw it into.

best of luck!