PDA

View Full Version : I thanked Lamar Alexander (his reply)

Dakota
03-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Dear John,

Thanks for writing.

I am grateful every day for the honor and privilege of serving the people of Tennessee. I appreciate your kind words of support. Your feedback helps me to do a better job as your senator. I hope that you will continue to get in touch with me and let me know what’s on your mind regarding the important issues facing our nation.

Very best wishes.

Sincerely,
Lamar

tkwalker
03-04-2013, 02:10 AM
This an Auto reply from his office (it's Sunday and He is Back In Tennessee) ... Sen Alex. is home this week with family and not in Washington ...

But believe me Sen Alexander is our Ace in the Hole when it comes to the COE restrictions ... Give him all the support we have ... <'TK>< :)

antilibrarian
03-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Reading through all of this mess about the Tailwater Scandal after several weeks away, having retired from the Army several years ago, and being of a cynical bent of mind; this sounds like a Lt. Col. trying to do something memorable to puff his Officer Evaluation Report for promotion and assignments. I can almost see the narrative, "Overcoming local, regional, and national political pressure, LTC DeLapp was able to fully implement safety regulations thereby saving the Corps of Engineers and local population untold time and lives." Bleh.

Dakota
03-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Well said I just hope it doesn't come true. I thought the same when I heard him at the McGavick meeting. Reading through all of this mess about the Tailwater Scandal after several weeks away, having retired from the Army several years ago, and being of a cynical bent of mind; this sounds like a Lt. Col. trying to do something memorable to puff his Officer Evaluation Report for promotion and assignments. I can almost see the narrative, "Overcoming local, regional, and national political pressure, LTC DeLapp was able to fully implement safety regulations thereby saving the Corps of Engineers and local population untold time and lives." Bleh.

Halli
08-07-2014, 06:39 PM
I can only hope ya'll paid him back today!

Fish Whisperer
08-07-2014, 07:02 PM
I voted for Carr.

white95v6
08-07-2014, 11:04 PM
I voted for Carr.

me to and I hope a lot of others did too.

tkwalker
08-08-2014, 01:31 AM
me to and I hope a lot of others did too.

I am disappointed ... especially after this man championed the right to fish and held the Corps of engineers Purse strings at bay ... And has passed Legislature for the future of doing so in the near future.

... I don't believe that I saw any of you guys at the rally's !!! To appose the corps !! (Fish Whisper, white95V6,Halli) you three are so far out of touch you do not know what you are talking about when it comes to the right to fish act... Yes I agree think we need a term limit of 8 years... I don't like getting into politics on the site ... But Fish whisper you have already requested to be removed from the site once before... I didn't because I thought your last issue would smooth over , which it did . But don't push it !!!! It would be my pleasure !!

... Yea I think his decisions (Lamar's)

with Obama care as a little reckless especially to the tea party ... But after studying it and look at the long range approach he has ... I think I know his strategy...

I may have just had Brain surgery But I think If I was you I would have supported ... The guy that saved our right to fish.

This is what I told Mae Beavers last Saturday at a Rally in Norene .. From the response from Rick Duty,Mae Beavers could give a Rats AXX about what the Corps was about to do us... I am so sorry ...Clark Boyd Came close ... to beating Her !!

There was a lot of folks from Rick Duty , Wade White , TWRA , Mitch McConnell,Ron Paul... etc. ... desperately fighting this an Alexander , with the aid of FishingTN and Twra accomplished this ...

Fish Whisperer
08-08-2014, 05:46 AM
I didn't go to the rally because I had to work, but I was at Logan's Roadhouse and the high school for the initial rally. And was part of the letter writing campaign..

Lamar's support for us fishermen is one of the few good things he's done. His support for taxing the internet, illegal immigrants, common core, Obamacare, and many other things is why I voted against him.

It doesn't matter now anyway. The voters have spoken.

And I don't remember ever requesting to be removed from this site.

thehick176
08-08-2014, 06:17 AM
And this is where talking politics leads you....blahhh

Halli
08-08-2014, 06:52 AM
My comment was an honest one as I did vote for him because he
did what he did hence the resurrection of the post was for his support.

aero320
08-08-2014, 08:30 AM
I saw Lamar Alexander at the Nashville Airport a couple of months ago and personally thanked him for his work on the Freedom to Fish Act. But, the problem in Washington is not going to get solved by sending the same clowns back. We are losing freedoms with this current group a lot more important than fishing below a dam.

If you do not agree with me, that is OK.

Good Fishing to All!

SAMBOLIE
08-08-2014, 09:54 AM
i didn't go to the rally because i had to work, but i was at logan's roadhouse and the high school for the initial rally. And was part of the letter writing campaign..

lamar's support for us fishermen is one of the few good things he's done. His support for taxing the internet, illegal immigrants, common core, obamacare, and many other things is why i voted against him.

It doesn't matter now anyway. The voters have spoken.

And i don't remember ever requesting to be removed from this site.

i saw lamar alexander at the nashville airport a couple of months ago and personally thanked him for his work on the freedom to fish act. but, the problem in washington is not going to get solved by sending the same clowns back. We are losing freedoms with this current group a lot more important than fishing below a dam.

if you do not agree with me, that is ok.

Good fishing to all!

+1000

Pookie
08-08-2014, 11:17 AM
I voted for Carr also.

In my estimation, Lamar seized this Freedom to Fish agenda as a publicity matter. The entire matter was bureaucrat vs politician. I completely agree with aero. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different outcome. Additionally, our forefathers never meant for their neighbors to leave the farm, go to Washington long enough to propose an interstate to run through the farm, sell the farm for 1,000 times what they had invested and quit. Politics was supposed to be a means whereby you developed a plan of action, sold it to the voters and they agreed to send you there long enough to implement your plan, then come home. Career politicians turn my stomach.

What "the people" really want from Washington, or even the State of Tennessee is to be left alone. I would gladly trade tailrace fishing for higher income, lower taxes, safer nation, border protection, etc. Sometimes our wants get badly confused with our needs.

As Fish Whisperer said, the people have spoken, and I will support the decision. I don't agree with it, but as a patriot, I am bound to support it.

tkwalker
08-08-2014, 11:57 AM
My comment was an honest one as I did vote for him because he
did what he did hence the resurrection of the post was for his support.

Halli, Sorry ... The statement could be taken either way ... <'TK><

white95v6
08-08-2014, 05:09 PM
um TK I tried to go to two different rallies. but not that I expect you to keep up with my time or duties.:)

that's all I really gotta say about that. cause politics will muddy up a great site.

thehick176
08-08-2014, 05:56 PM
Well said. If I wanted politics I would stop and talk to the clowns at intersections holding signs with nothing better to do!

tkwalker
08-08-2014, 08:52 PM
Folks, I didn't bring Politics up again since the Corps fight ... Fish Whisperer started this ...... Yes I cleaned the Republican slate Yesterday ... Like I said before 8 years max Term limits .... The only one I voted for was Alexander because of his effort to stop the corps ... Which could only be stopped via the Legislature .... Before the corps fight even He would have been on my deletion list..

I agree when you make a life time career in these positions there is to much lobbyist and in the bed with life time commitments as well as buddy appointments ...

But, I also believe the GOP needs to rethink the platform if we are going to take our country back... The Tea Party, like so much of our conservative far right views (which I am a believer) ... Needs to stop fighting the Liberal agenda at this point ... We are spinning our wheels ... They are in power and there is not a lot we can do about now ...

So if it takes compromise at this point so be it ... We need to be working for an objective to take over in 2016 ... The hard line we are following right now won't help us in 2016 ... We need to be looking for a President who is Dynamic, personable, etc. ... We need a new face ... I have not seen that who is in the running or who has been paraded in front of us for the GOP ..

But we need some one who can resolve the immigration issue intelligently, who will work to delete or reform Obama Care intelligently, We need someone who can rectify the reasoning That the tax payer in the country has to take a Drug Test to retain his job and the folks on welfare do not have to prove what they are buying with or tax driven dollar...

The liberals won't all of the illegal's they can find to build their voting base ... If you don't believe me look and see where the Feds are sending all of the detainees while they are being processed .... To family relatives in large liberal cities ... I.E. Chicago, New York, Boston, etc. The paper work gets caught up in the system and can't be tracked anymore ..

I am going to lock the thread down ... Like religion and politics no one will win the argument or sway anyone ... So you folks get back to doing what you enjoy ... Fishing ... <'TK><:)