PDA

View Full Version : Recent Memphis Trip

Gene G
02-28-2013, 09:31 AM
Just got back from a two day fishing trip to Memphis last night. I fished a private lake there. Tried fishing from a boat on Tuesday but the wind was so bad it was just about impossible to control the boat. Plus, I like to have froze my butt off. No fish. Not even a hit. Was fishing a jig. Fished from the bank yesterday and caught six fish topped off by these two, a 5-3 and a 4-13. Caught them on spinnerbaits.

Gene

agelesssone
02-28-2013, 10:46 AM
NICE! Those are some chunky LM.

MNfisher
02-28-2013, 01:19 PM
Solid!!!

Reel Tune
03-01-2013, 01:32 AM
Nice fish

Transplanted Sportsman
03-01-2013, 02:15 PM
man those are some really nice fish!! hey Gene was this lake one of those pay to fish lakes that are all over the place around Memphis??, I duck hunt a couple of times a year around Memphis and sometimes we run across some of these lakes/ponds that have some good fishing I been told, most of the are catfish places though! I bet those LM were very fun to land!!

Gene G
03-01-2013, 04:04 PM
man those are some really nice fish!! hey Gene was this lake one of those pay to fish lakes that are all over the place around Memphis??, I duck hunt a couple of times a year around Memphis and sometimes we run across some of these lakes/ponds that have some good fishing I been told, most of the are catfish places though! I bet those LM were very fun to land!!

No, sorry to say, but this is a private lake just outside of Memphis. The lake is stocked with Florida strain largemouth. The fish will AVERAGE 3 - 3 1/2 lbs. I have caught several fish over 5 lbs. My best for this lake is an 8-11 and a 9-2 that I caught the same day about 20 minutes apart. As far as numbers go, my best day there was 48 fish.

Tnriverluver
03-01-2013, 04:14 PM
This is proof that it pays to have good friends!! Nice catch!

Transplanted Sportsman
03-01-2013, 04:16 PM
No, sorry to say, but this is a private lake just outside of Memphis. The lake is stocked with Florida strain largemouth. The fish will AVERAGE 3 - 3 1/2 lbs. I have caught several fish over 5 lbs. My best for this lake is an 8-11 and a 9-2 that I caught the same day about 20 minutes apart. As far as numbers go, my best day there was 48 fish.

Wow, sounds like this is one heck of a place to fish, I bet those "grandes" felt like a horse at the end of your line:D!! congrats!!

Gene G
03-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Wow, sounds like this is one heck of a place to fish, I bet those "grandes" felt like a horse at the end of your line:D!! congrats!!

If you've never had a Florida strain largemouth on the end of your line you don't know what you're missing. They have an extra pull to them. And, yes, the big ones do feel great at the other end.

On another note: I'm headed to Meridian, MS in the morning to fish another private 40 acre lake for the first time. The owner says that he stocked the lake with "thousands of dollars worth of 10 and 12 lb bass". Hopefully, it will prove to be another great fishery. After that, I'm headed back to Memphis on Tuesday to try those fish again.

Gene

Transplanted Sportsman
03-02-2013, 01:21 PM
go wear them out Gene!!