PDA

View Full Version : 2/12 Creek fishing.

Travis C.
02-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Wanted to wet a line today and the stocked creek seemed like a good option. Since it was overcast initial thinking was to bypass indicators and small bugs instead just swing a small streamer. Felt nice to finally get back on the water.

Used a 5wt fly rod, WF Floating line, 9ft 5x leader and size 10 bead head black woolly bugger. Method was either a straight across or a quartering downstream cast and let it drift through the runs.

Managed to trick a couple in a hour or so.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii40/MrCarney1979/IMG_6012_zpsd0b47b35.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii40/MrCarney1979/IMG_6018_zpsd91f43da.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii40/MrCarney1979/IMG_6021_zpsfdf5aacc.jpg

Alphahawk
02-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Pretty fish...I envy you.

Regards

Travis C.
02-12-2013, 06:56 PM
Pretty fish...I envy you.

Regards

Thanks...

Won't be long now and I can return the favor 3 fold for you. :D

How's the healing up coming?

Alphahawk
02-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Thanks...

Won't be long now and I can return the favor 3 fold for you. :D

How's the healing up coming?

The healing is going fine. It is just a process...albeit a strange one. My bend is 121 degrees....my straight is 0 degrees. Those are great numbers...far better than what the doc expected....when I went in I only had 107 degrees of bend and was 7 degrees from 0 on the straight. But this knee literally feels like it needs some grease. It is just so tight. I do all the exercises and then some...have great PT sessions. I guess it will loosen up eventually. No doubt I could enter and exit a kayak with no problem at all.....getting it on and off the trailer is another story. I see doc on 19 March and as soon as my visit is over with him I am headed to HOOK 1 to check on new kayak...and probably the next day...or when weather is good head to Nickajack for some crappie. Thanks for asking.

Regards

MNfisher
02-12-2013, 08:56 PM
No doubt I could enter and exit a kayak with no problem at all.....getting it on and off the trailer is another story.

Regards

Alpha, I would be more than willing and happy to help you with this! Just let me know!!

tkwalker
02-13-2013, 02:35 AM
QUOTE=Alphahawk;29428]The healing is going fine. It is just a process...albeit a strange one. My bend is 121 degrees....my straight is 0 degrees. Those are great numbers...far better than what the doc expected....when I went in I only had 107 degrees of bend and was 7 degrees from 0 on the straight. But this knee literally feels like it needs some grease. It is just so tight. I do all the exercises and then some...have great PT sessions. I guess it will loosen up eventually. No doubt I could enter and exit a kayak with no problem at all.....getting it on and off the trailer is another story. I see doc on 19 March and as soon as my visit is over with him I am headed to HOOK 1 to check on new kayak...and probably the next day...or when weather is good head to Nickajack for some crappie. Thanks for asking.

Regards[/QUOTE]

The wife replacement will be 1 month this Thursday ... she is at 116 deg and about a 4 deg straight .. no aids needed (walker or Cane) but therapist suggest she uses the cane for another 2 or 3 weeks for balance ... don't want no falls ... home health has left ... downtown starts Friday ... <'TK><

Alphahawk
02-13-2013, 06:40 AM
QUOTE=Alphahawk;29428]The healing is going fine. It is just a process...albeit a strange one. My bend is 121 degrees....my straight is 0 degrees. Those are great numbers...far better than what the doc expected....when I went in I only had 107 degrees of bend and was 7 degrees from 0 on the straight. But this knee literally feels like it needs some grease. It is just so tight. I do all the exercises and then some...have great PT sessions. I guess it will loosen up eventually. No doubt I could enter and exit a kayak with no problem at all.....getting it on and off the trailer is another story. I see doc on 19 March and as soon as my visit is over with him I am headed to HOOK 1 to check on new kayak...and probably the next day...or when weather is good head to Nickajack for some crappie. Thanks for asking.

Regards

The wife replacement will be 1 month this Thursday ... she is at 116 deg and about a 4 deg straight .. no aids needed (walker or Cane) but therapist suggest she uses the cane for another 2 or 3 weeks for balance ... don't want no falls ... home health has left ... downtown starts Friday ... <'TK>< [/QUOTE]

Glad to hear she is doing good tk. Those are great numbers for 4 weeks. Yeah that balance is a big deal...same with me. Was told the only way to hurt the knee at this stage is a car wreck or a fall.....so I will stay on the cane for a little longer. I will be at 6 weeks come Monday. I remember seeing jaycee and him telling me I would probably be able to fish our spot at Nickajack at the 6 week mark. I think he is right. The first few times I fish I will walk using a trekking pole. Life is good!

Regards

Alphahawk
02-13-2013, 06:46 AM
Alpha, I would be more than willing and happy to help you with this! Just let me know!!

Thanks Mike it is much appreciated and may take you up on it. Am really getting excited as I know I am close to fishing again. The water continues to role at Pickwick. Got to think the White Bass are stacked in there. Didn't mean to hijack your thread Travis.

Regards

MNfisher
02-13-2013, 07:24 AM
Thanks Mike it is much appreciated and may take you up on it. Am really getting excited as I know I am close to fishing again. The water continues to role at Pickwick. Got to think the White Bass are stacked in there. Didn't mean to hijack your thread Travis.

Regards

Heading there Monday with my dad! I will report how it goes!

Travis C.
02-13-2013, 07:46 AM
Didn't mean to hijack your thread Travis.

Regards

No worries...