PDA

View Full Version : Fishing lure rods reels etc....

ALANRAYG2
02-06-2013, 06:29 PM
I have a friend that lives in Big Sandy, Tn. He passed away a while back. Any way his wife wants to sell his fishing stuff. I have another friend in Camden Dan, that is a much closer friend to them. We are teaming up to help Jo to liquidate Bob's fishing stuff. He was a fishing hoarder. He has thousands of crank baits some are antiques. soft Plastics of all kinds most are new in unopened packs. dozens of Rods, reels some are unused . Once we get the items sorted I'll be listing them here and online. Might even go to a show or two.
Is there anything you guys are looking for specific let me know. I'll set it aside and let you know when it is available. I would imagine many things will sell well below retail. most of the things Bob has are related to bass fishing. Dan said he did see a few things for crappie fishing. more later Thanks Alan

BMelton
02-06-2013, 08:18 PM
I might be interested in any big worms (ten inch or better) Norman crank baits and any Garcia reels.

Tightlines
02-06-2013, 08:55 PM
I would be interested in the crappie tackle and baits.

Transplanted Sportsman
02-06-2013, 09:01 PM
I would be interested in excalibur lures or Crappie stuff as well!!, please keep us posted, thank you!!

Travis C.
02-06-2013, 09:01 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend.

Hope you guys can help his wife out in getting rid of the gear.

bfish
02-06-2013, 09:11 PM
pm sent with my list wish

ALANRAYG2
02-06-2013, 09:15 PM
I hope to get up there in a couple or three weeks. She wants everything gone by June. Her house is for sale and if it's not sold by June she will auction it off as well. I talked with Dan and he said there must be around 200 rods and reels. Many are new with the wrappers on them. I will be making a list to take up with me. He has antiques too. some wooden creek chubs, jitterbugs etc. He might have some new zebco cardinal reels too. He has 1000's upon 1000' of lures and soft plastics. Two sheds full. I'll keep you all up to date on the item. Oh he has some lure making stuff too. Dan said there were about 100 spinnerbaits. They are out of the mold unpainted and the wires are straight. There might be some skirting too. Thanks Guys you are making this a lot easier for us.

ALANRAYG2
02-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Thanks guys, I will pass this list onto Dan tomorrow. When we get to digging into the boxes I'll be listing items on here before listing them online. Be patient as it will be a few weeks before I can get up there and do an inventory. I have a bathroom and remodel first.

MNfisher
02-07-2013, 07:23 AM
I am sorry for the loss of your friend and my thoughts and prayers go out to the wife as she makes these horrible adjustments to her life. I hope we can make it easier and quicker for her.

Pookie
02-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Shimano Stradics, LH Baitcasters, Ocean rods/reels, anything Rapala.

Spencer L
02-07-2013, 11:10 PM
If you come actoss and jaw tech soft plastics I'll take them. Edpecially g tails. Always looking for rods and reels.

jad2t
02-08-2013, 02:44 PM
If you have a heavy rod/reel setup that I can use for rockfish I'd be interested. Something that can handle the power of those fish and a reel that I can put 200-300 yds of 30lb braid on.

white95v6
02-08-2013, 09:54 PM
LH baitcaster. Baicaster rods. Might be interested in a spinning rod or reel medium action /size.

Crankbaits and jerkbaits.

ALANRAYG2
02-11-2013, 08:19 PM
I hope to get up to see the lure collection before the end of the month. I am told that almost everything all of you have listed will be in the collection with the exception of left handed reels and heavy rods. But you never know. think most of the crankbaits requested will be available. There will be tons of plastics too. We will be looking for collectible tackle in his collection. I'm not sure what he'll have. I will post more as I get information for you. Thanks.

fisher01
02-11-2013, 09:40 PM
I would be interested in any medium to ultra-light spinning rods, 6.5-7.5'

Also, molds for jigs or equipment for pouring the lead.

ALANRAYG2
02-13-2013, 01:04 PM

I think there are several molds and a lead pot. Not positive about the pot tho.

ALANRAYG2
03-02-2013, 04:42 PM
I want to let everyone know that I haven't had a chance to get to Bob's and do an inventory. I talked withDan and we compared schedules and it will be the second week of March at the earliest we can get together. I will get an inventory. I am sure most of the things wanted he will have. Thanks for the PM's and replies.

ALANRAYG2
03-12-2013, 07:08 PM
I am going to Bob's tomorrow and we'll inventory his tackle. I'll bring back as much as I can that has been listed by all of you. I'll probably bring a lot more back that hasn't been listed. Let me know if there is anything else you might want. Bob mainly fished for bass so his tackle will be geared for bass. Thanks to all for your patience. Alan

ALANRAYG2
03-12-2013, 07:16 PM
I am sorry for the loss of your friend and my thoughts and prayers go out to the wife as she makes these horrible adjustments to her life. I hope we can make it easier and quicker for her.

Thanks Mike, I think Jo is ready to move on with her life. She is ready to move closer to her family.

ALANRAYG2
03-13-2013, 08:47 PM
I might be interested in any big worms (ten inch or better) Norman crank baits and any Garcia reels.

I saw some big worms but I couldn't get to them. They were on a wall and tons of totes in front of them. I'll try next trip. Do you have a preference to brand?

ALANRAYG2
03-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Shimano Stradics, LH Baitcasters, Ocean rods/reels, anything Rapala.

I brought back about 150+ rapalas. I will post some pictures tomorrow. No lh baitcasters. no Shimno this trip. I did bring back 2 penn reels on rods. The short rods like would be used on a party boat.

ALANRAYG2
03-13-2013, 08:52 PM

Most of the rods are 6 to 6.5 ft. I didn't bring many back. I did find 12 do it molds. Some are unused and some has corrosion. I'll post the information tomorrow.

ALANRAYG2
03-13-2013, 08:55 PM
LH baitcaster. Baicaster rods. Might be interested in a spinning rod or reel medium action /size.

Crankbaits and jerkbaits.

I brought back several rod/reel combos. There are a lot of casting and spinning rods there. We just didn't get a chance to gt to them today. I did bring back about 600 crankbaits. that is only a small part of his collection.

ALANRAYG2
03-13-2013, 08:57 PM
If you have a heavy rod/reel setup that I can use for rockfish I'd be interested. Something that can handle the power of those fish and a reel that I can put 200-300 yds of 30lb braid on.

I did find one rod/reel combo you might want. I know the reel is an ambassadeur 5600c. I can't remember the rod....I will post pics tomorrow.

ALANRAYG2
03-13-2013, 08:58 PM
I would be interested in excalibur lures or Crappie stuff as well!!, please keep us posted, thank you!!

I brought back a bunch of Bill Dance Excalibur lures. Will post pics tomorow.

ALANRAYG2
03-13-2013, 09:25 PM
I went to see Dan and then onto Jo's house. Jo seemed to be in good spirits. she has been packing up her house. She seemed to be lonely but ready to move on. Next week she'll 76 !!!!
I must say we bit off a big chunk!!!! We spent about 7 hours there today. We estimate between 4000 to 5000 crankbaits and between 600 to 800 lbs of plastics. Today I brought back about 600 crankbaits. Bombers, Rebels, Rapalas, Bandits, Mudbugs, Hellbenders, TN killers, Perry's, Hot n Tots, topwaters, Zara Spooks, Pop r's, new in package normans deep little n, Mann's, Normans Deep Little N's opened, strike king, smithwick rogue's Natural Ike. And some we can't ID.
This collection is over 600 baits. He has bags of spinnerbaits.....100's of them. Flipping jigs, weights, hooks,,,,,,etc. I didn't bring any soft baits home on this trip. I will try to post pics tomorrow. I will be away from the computer Friday thru Sunday. I'll be back on Monday. I will consider shipping items to you for the cost of shipping. Let me know what your interested in and do my best to answer you questions. Thanks

MNfisher
03-13-2013, 10:32 PM
wow!!! thats a lot of gear! I will buy any redfins if there are any. And might be interested in that ambassador reel if Jimmy doesn't want it.

Aquaholic6801
03-14-2013, 07:13 AM
I brought back about 150+ rapalas. I will post some pictures tomorrow. No lh baitcasters. no Shimno this trip. I did bring back 2 penn reels on rods. The short rods like would be used on a party boat.

I may be interested in the Penn set ups along with the Do It molds......

Jdkxtreme
03-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Are you going to set up somewhere and let us all have a look? I'm very interested in anything.

ALANRAYG2
03-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Are you going to set up somewhere and let us all have a look? I'm very interested in anything.

I am kicking the idea around to go to the flea market at the fair grounds in Nashville. Probably won't be until May. I have to make about 200 crappie jigs for myself and get to fishing. I could maybe get a bunch of Bob's stuff and set up somewhere. If I knew I could get enough people to show I would do it. But not in April......lol pics coming soon......... maybe today

ALANRAYG2
03-14-2013, 03:53 PM
here are a few of the cranks I brought back from Bob's. we have tried to identify the baits as best we can. some are without names. Almost all are unused.
pic 1 are bandits. One footloose then series 100, 200, and I think a couple 300's asking $3 each discount on multiples

Pic2 is Warts. Mostly the small ones. asking $2 eack

pic 3 Norman look a likes and the 2 firetiger are a question for me....I have no idea what the are. asking $2 each

pic 4 is Strike king. I think they are the Pro series Asking $2.50 each

Last pic is Norman's a few DD22, a couple DD14, alot of Deep Little N, and mix of the smaller models. Asking $2.50 each for the gel coat and $2 each for the non gel lures.
I'll be posting Rapalas , Rebels, Lucky Craft. Poes, Bombers .... etc next week Thanks

ALANRAYG2
03-14-2013, 03:55 PM
I may be interested in the Penn set ups along with the Do It molds......

I sent you a PM

ALANRAYG2
03-14-2013, 03:56 PM

Any ideas as to where. May sometime would be good for me.

ALANRAYG2
03-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Pic 1........Mister twister G-Grub 50 cents each

Pic 2 are Bombers........and are not for sale until evaluated for collectibles.

Pic 3 are Hellbenders. I might get these looked at for collecting value.

Travis C.
03-14-2013, 04:29 PM
Pic 2 are Bombers........and are not for sale until evaluated for collectibles.

Pic 3 are Hellbenders. I might get these looked at for collecting value.

You won't be able to get a big dollar for them without original packaging. The market is pretty flooded to where buyers pick n choose specific ones instead big bulk buys these days.

I learned that with my discontinued rapalas. The box made all the difference. But it is still worth checking out.

Both of those lures are pretty damn good river baits.

TSprint1
03-14-2013, 06:03 PM
PM sent.

Travis C.
03-14-2013, 08:24 PM
And some we can't ID.

Will you post pics of these maybe I could help you ID them or you can pm the pic to me first. I am a fishing lure junkie and not many I can't recognize.

Be glad to help.

On the Rebel's any Wee R's? Deep Teeny R to be specific.

BMelton
03-14-2013, 08:29 PM
Im going to pm you in the am with a list of what i want. Thanks

ALANRAYG2
03-20-2013, 07:30 PM
I am putting a hold on all the hard baits until they can be evaluated for collectors. Some we have found could be worth $100's each. thanks for looking.

tkwalker
03-21-2013, 02:36 AM
I am putting a hold on all the hard baits until they can be evaluated for collectors. Some we have found could be worth $100's each. thanks for looking.

Alan, I think you may want to display all of this in a physical (House,garage etc) location, Post a date and address and have a one day sale ... I have done this before for a friend of mine's widow that I sold his fishing estate ...

I thought this would be very overwhelming task for you to take on after seeing the inventory you have had hand ...

I am receiving a number of PM's from other members about scams and backing out on deals from this post ...

I will leave this open for 24 hours for you to redirect this sale to your personal location ... Then it will be deleted. ...

Your best bet and actually eaiser on you if you repost a sale date and physical location, I will be glad to work with you on this ... <'TK><

ALANRAYG2
03-21-2013, 08:24 AM
Alan, I think you may want to display all of this in a physical (House,garage etc) location, Post a date and address and have a one day sale ... I have done this before for a friend of mine's widow that I sold his fishing estate ...

I thought this would be very overwhelming task for you to take on after seeing the inventory you have had hand ...

I am receiving a number of PM's from other members about scams and backing out on deals from this post ...

I will leave this open for 24 hours for you to redirect this sale to your personal location ... Then it will be deleted. ...

Your best bet and actually eaiser on you if you repost a sale date and physical location, I will be glad to work with you on this ... <'TK><

Thanks TK for your offer. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused anyone. Thanks for all the response, Alan

ALANRAYG2
03-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by ALANRAYG2
Thanks TK, I have been overwhelmed with responses. I have had to move to my email address as you have probably read in my PM's. I know the deal you are referring to where I retracted an offer. To explain a little here. I am the third party in decision making and the one who has the computer to get stuff out there. I actually wanted to have several public sales to move the tackle. My idea was shot down. They are afraid of someone stealing something. I was wanting a booth at the Nashville Flea Market and a parking lot sale at the Local 1853 Union Hall in Spring Hill. I even thought of trying to get a booth at Mule Days.
I talked with a lure collector and he offered to identify the "collector lures" from fishing lures. Just from the phone conversation with him yesterday, I was about to sell over $200 of collector Rapalas for a fraction of their value. That is why I retracted the offer. My goal is to get as much for Bob's collection as I can for his widow. I am getting nothing for my efforts.
Last night I looked but couldn't find a delete button for my post. that's why I put the notice on my last post.
Thanks TK for having this forum and your suggestions. I hope to be better organized the next time I try to sell Bob's tackle. I hope I will be able to contact you for advice if we decide to have a sale somewhere.
Thanks, Again, Alan

tkwalker
03-22-2013, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by ALANRAYG2
Thanks TK, I have been overwhelmed with responses. I have had to move to my email address as you have probably read in my PM's. I know the deal you are referring to where I retracted an offer. To explain a little here. I am the third party in decision making and the one who has the computer to get stuff out there. I actually wanted to have several public sales to move the tackle. My idea was shot down. They are afraid of someone stealing something. I was wanting a booth at the Nashville Flea Market and a parking lot sale at the Local 1853 Union Hall in Spring Hill. I even thought of trying to get a booth at Mule Days.
I talked with a lure collector and he offered to identify the "collector lures" from fishing lures. Just from the phone conversation with him yesterday, I was about to sell over $200 of collector Rapalas for a fraction of their value. That is why I retracted the offer. My goal is to get as much for Bob's collection as I can for his widow. I am getting nothing for my efforts.
Last night I looked but couldn't find a delete button for my post. that's why I put the notice on my last post.
Thanks TK for having this forum and your suggestions. I hope to be better organized the next time I try to sell Bob's tackle. I hope I will be able to contact you for advice if we decide to have a sale somewhere.
Thanks, Again, Alan

Alan like our conversation in our PM ... I have been down your road before ...It is not easy ... as far as anyone stealing from a widow ... well all I can say is..If I catch them it is kind of like trying to burn 'Old Glory" ... Somebody is going to jail ... Probably me .... <'TK><

ALANRAYG2
03-22-2013, 08:07 AM
I am going to push for a sale where we can set up a display. I don't know when or where. I found out that the time we have to sell everything has been extended for a year. Originally it was June this year. TK I value your experience in things like this. I will probably be PMing you as time goes on for advice. I thank you for your tolerance and patience.

Aquaholic6801
03-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Sounds like you need to set a booth up at the Nashville Flea Market......

ALANRAYG2
03-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Sounds like you need to set a booth up at the Nashville Flea Market......

My Daughter is going to pick up some information for me. I think it would work well for us. I don't know about having a state tax id to get a booth. Some places don't care other places care.

tkwalker
03-22-2013, 08:14 PM
I am going to push for a sale where we can set up a display. I don't know when or where. I found out that the time we have to sell everything has been extended for a year. Originally it was June this year. TK I value your experience in things like this. I will probably be PMing you as time goes on for advice. I thank you for your tolerance and patience.

Be Glad to Help anytime .... <'TK>< :)

ALANRAYG2
03-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Thanks TK :)

cjmmc
04-17-2013, 11:29 PM
hi if your friend has any light setups that can be used to fish small streams id be very interested. any other quality setup will be considered as well thanks. i can meet up and pay cash. thanks