PDA

View Full Version : Orca Cooler

Travis C.
01-31-2013, 01:40 PM
These are similiar to the Yeti coolers but made in Sparta TN.

Has anyone tried them before?

http://orcacoolers.com/index.cfm

http://www.orcacoolers.com/productimages/12100414105197094/1xl.jpg

Reel Tune
02-04-2013, 08:48 AM
I saw a post on FB over the weekend of someone using the Orca Cooler. It showed a picture of some beers in ice, and said it worked very well. I'm in the market for a new cooler and was going to get a Yeti or two, but if I can keep my money in Tennessee and get a great product I will do that.

Jeremy

Alphahawk
02-04-2013, 10:10 AM
The best I can determine is they only make the one size.

Regards

Travis C.
02-04-2013, 10:12 AM
The best I can determine is they only make the one size.

Regards

They only have the 75qt right now but more sizes are on the way.

It's priced about $30 less than the Yeti's based on website prices.

Alphahawk
02-04-2013, 12:47 PM
You know I'm trying to find a line of coolers in between Yeti and the cheap ones....but having no luck.

Regards

browntrout
02-04-2013, 02:41 PM
That Yeti mod kit where you can strap it in the middle of your boat and then mount the cushion on top to make it a seat is nice. Just hard to shell out that much $$$$ for a cooler.

Roy

Travis C.
02-04-2013, 08:53 PM
That Yeti mod kit where you can strap it in the middle of your boat and then mount the cushion on top to make it a seat is nice. Just hard to shell out that much $$$$ for a cooler.

Roy

It's probably easier on the ole ticker to just buy the boat with that as an added option than to buy it after the fact. At least then you won't see all the zero's and it still just a cooler there. :D

All joking aside... from what I gather on both the Yeti and Orca coolers they will hold 2 bags of ice on drinks cold for four to five days even after the ice dissolves by day four.

bfish
02-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Looking forward to see if they introduce something smaller.

browntrout
02-05-2013, 10:28 AM
It's probably easier on the ole ticker to just buy the boat with that as an added option than to buy it after the fact. At least then you won't see all the zero's and it still just a cooler there. :D

All joking aside... from what I gather on both the Yeti and Orca coolers they will hold 2 bags of ice on drinks cold for four to five days even after the ice dissolves by day four.

That's great but I am never gone for 4 days at a time where I couldn't buy more ice. I can buy a lot of ice for the difference. Lol.

Roy

Travis C.
02-05-2013, 10:35 AM
That's great but I am never gone for 4 days at a time where I couldn't buy more ice. I can buy a lot of ice for the difference. Lol.

Roy

I totally agree. There is a niche these coolers fit perfectly in and day to day fishing/pinics are probably aren't one.