PDA

View Full Version : Update on Restrictions <'TK><

tkwalker
01-29-2013, 01:02 AM
Folks as much as I hate to say it being from a certain political platform with which I believe in … If all we have are Represenatives that are looking to make a name for themselves on the National Level (Like most politicians do) We don’t need them anymore if they are not going to take care of the Home State problems … Like KY has done … I am ashamed of ours (except Sen. Alexander) and praise KY’s. .. The following is a statement from a well known sportsman and the follow up of Rick Duty … <‘TK><

However, if it does not than we as sportsmen need to stick together and try to somebody else in office to represent.
Nothing but lip service and and lukewarm to poor constituent responses. Maybe McGavock is what some of them are waiting
on in Tennessee, but in Kentucky we have movement.
This information is fantastic and spread far and wide as you can.
Also, Rick, I think we have a news story coming this week in the Tennessean----in the news section.

I could not agree more about the lukewarm response by our legislators. I have faxed copies of the Rand Paul letter to the Corker, Cooper, Black and Alexander offices, in hope of shaming them into action. Ms. Black is very consistent, having never answered with anything but the usual boilerplate reply, to any comment or question. Zack in Jim Cooper’s office seems to be the point-of-the-spear, however dull. He has politely replied, but as with Corker, expresses no real concern nor sense of urgency. But he says they will be at McGavock. The soothing tenor of “it’ll be alright”, doesn't inspire confidence. Senator Alexander's replies to me, have been the only ones that left me with a sense of personal ownership. I am impressed with our Kentucky neighbors, Senator Paul, Congressman Whitfield, and Wade White. When I faxed the Bill Dance letter to their offices (as well our own representatives) , I suggested a bit of carpet-bagging, and that the last of the scheduled public meetings may be the most informative.
I have been feeding the Tennessean all along, suggesting to Reporter Mike Organ (who wrote the original somewhat inaccurate first article) that when the facts and consequences were weighed, the story could move from page C-7 to A-2, if not A-1. After two emails with attachments, and absolutely zero reply from Mr. Organ (I’m leaving that alone), I sent today’s diatribe to local@tennessean.com, the generic news desk. I’ll send stuff daily until I see something in print. The Gallatin rag is also a Gannett publication, so I may as well start feeding them too.
As T.V. newsrooms seems to thrive on half-day focal bites, I have been holding back a little, until I know someone is working on the longer term story-to-solution. (I did send a media release document over FishingTN.com, preceding the postponed McGavock meeting.) I have a good relationship with the Fox News team, a good history with WSMV , and with Steve Hayslip at News 5. As I told T.K., I’ll pour it on to them come Groundhog Day.
I also sent a thank you letter to Bill Dance’s publicist, for the support, and asking him to share the situation with any of his peers, who may have a stake in this.
As this is the last ‘prep week’ so to speak, prior to the McGavock meeting, through what ever medium we have, we should encourage the legion to start calling their legislators offices.
Tomorrow’s another day. I’ll start distributing this latest study/fact sheet from Mr. White. Man – do I have a stack of used fax covers...
--R--

tkwalker
01-29-2013, 11:25 PM
Folks, crunch time !!! Copy and paste this or email them the IRL web address !! http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?p=29111#post29111 .. Let our reps know we are not being represented ... Also send to Sen Alexander ... So He will know We appreciate his efforts !!!

Sorry, My Hands have been full for the last two weeks with my Wife's Knee replacement to give this effort my all ... But this is something we should all believe in and fight to the end !!!

The wife is really doing good ... a week or so advanced than most on recovery.... Better everyday ... But we are not having fun yet !!! She is still looking forward to some Walleye fishing this Spring !! .. A week from now if I feel I can leave Her I will be at the Meeting !! But being my Bride for 48 years of Marriage, I'll have to be Damn Sure I can !! <'TK><

Headhunter
01-30-2013, 10:53 AM
The Corps cannot even police boat ramps at Percy Priest. Many dangerous situations happen everyday at the Hurricane Creek boat during the summer. Women with babies "tanning" on the boat ramp and will confront you when trying to launch a boat. I have called and called the corps with no luck. Safety is not a prioirity for the corps.

Travis C.
01-30-2013, 11:09 AM
Nicely written article in the Tennessean today.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130130/NEWS01/301300152/Plan-limit-dam-access-runs-into-rough-waters