PDA

View Full Version : outcast

old sailor
01-16-2013, 07:54 PM
I've always been an outcast it seems. Right out of the womb the doctor spanked my bottom and it's never stopped. Every time I go fishing there is almost no one on the water, and I have to fish alone . Then yesterday I drive to Nashville in a freezing rain to Logans to meet and greet some folks; they heard I was coming and no one showed up. I had to struggle through a coastal carolina shrimp plate and a double scotch on the rocks alone. Oh woe is me. I get up at 3 am this morning and am on the boat ramp at 0530 ,34 degrees, freezing rain and no one to greet me but a grouchy old great blue heron. Can't figure out why it's so bad, I don't pick my nose and break wind in public near as much as I used to.http://fishingtn.com/images/icons/icon9.gif

browntrout
01-16-2013, 07:57 PM
I've always been an outcast it seems. Right out of the womb the doctor spanked my bottom and it's never stopped. Every time I go fishing there is almost no one on the water, and I have to fish alone . Then yesterday I drive to Nashville in a freezing rain to Logans to meet and greet some folks; they heard I was coming and no one showed up. I had to struggle through a coastal carolina shrimp plate and a double scotch on the rocks alone. Oh woe is me. I get up at 3 am this morning and am on the boat ramp at 0530 ,34 degrees, freezing rain and no one to greet me but a grouchy old great blue heron. Can't figure out why it's so bad, I don't pick my nose and break wind in public near as much as I used to.http://fishingtn.com/images/icons/icon9.gif

Bathing does wonders. Especially with soap and might I add mouthwash doesn't taste that bad. But hey what's it matter with the fish that you catch!!

tkwalker
01-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Bathing does wonders. Especially with soap and might I add mouthwash doesn't taste that bad. But hey what's it matter with the fish that you catch!!

Was it Glenlivet !! ?? ... Best mouthwash in the World and you get to swallow this one :eek: <'TK><

old sailor
01-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Dewars. They did not have Jamesons! Primitive place!

MNfisher
01-16-2013, 09:12 PM
I would be happy to give you some company on the river :D

white95v6
01-17-2013, 06:53 AM
I would be happy to give you some company on the river :D

Haha I was just thinking the same thing.

Fishbus
01-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Dewar's is a Scotch. Jameson's is Irish Whiskey. The subtleties are beyond me, but I like Jameson's, have never gotten into Scotches.

tkwalker
01-17-2013, 02:38 PM
Dewar's is a Scotch. Jameson's is Irish Whiskey. The subtleties are beyond me, but I like Jameson's, have never gotten into Scotches.

Dewar's, I think is a Blended Scotch, Glenlivet Is a single Malt scotch .... That I know for sure!!! :):):) <'TK><

nomad60
01-18-2013, 05:32 PM
Wow, this forum never ceases to amaze me. One day someone brings up "Riparians Rights" and now people are discussing blended and single malt scotches. :)

Alphahawk
01-18-2013, 06:09 PM

I feel your pain old sailor. I show up to fish and no one is there. Travel all over west and middle Tennessee by myself.....just me and my fish on the ride back home. Oh well someone has to do it.

Regards

tkwalker
01-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Wow, this forum never ceases to amaze me. One day someone brings up "Riparians Rights" and now people are discussing blended and single malt scotches. :)

Nomade, go to the "My Wife's Knee" post and tell me what you think ... Also we could make Jameson's Irish Whiskey the 5th place prize for Old Sailor,and make Coke the first place prize (I think that is what Jim drinks, oh might as well and get two, Alpaha will be with jim.... LOL !!! :rolleyes::eek:.. <'TK><