PDA

View Full Version : Broken Transducer - Help

goreds.king
01-08-2013, 09:32 AM
I’ve somehow managed to break the transducer for my Lowrance x96. The attached image and red line shows where it broke (basically the bolt hole where it mounts to the bracket). Has anyone ever had this happen and know a way to fix it? Buying a new transducer is not in the cards right now.

Aquaholic6801
01-08-2013, 09:51 AM
JB Weld.........temporary fix but will work for a while.....put it in place and goop a bunch of it around it.....

ALANRAYG2
01-08-2013, 09:49 PM
I’ve somehow managed to break the transducer for my Lowrance x96. The attached image and red line shows where it broke (basically the bolt hole where it mounts to the bracket). Has anyone ever had this happen and know a way to fix it? Buying a new transducer is not in the cards right now.

What color is the connector on the cable?

goreds.king
01-08-2013, 10:25 PM
No color on the connector. The picture I used isn't a representation of the modle transducer I have. I'll take a picture tonight and post it in the morning.

old sailor
01-09-2013, 08:37 AM

I am the great breaker of things, so I have done this many times. Only way I get it to stay is beef up a new area below old break with high strength epoxy from auto parts store. Drill out and adapt to bracket as necessary. My old unit lasted several years with this repair until I updated recently. Works for me. Regards

Travis C.
01-09-2013, 08:44 AM
A temp fix would be to put it on in a heavy duty plastic bag, fill it with water, tie it off or tape and set it inside on the bottom of the boat. It will still shoot thru the hull and work just won't have a temp readout. You can also set it in the live well as long as there is water in the livewell to cover it should work too.

They don't have to be mounted on the transom to work but if you wanted a temp read then they do have to be in the lake water.

goreds.king
01-09-2013, 09:04 AM
Here is a picture of my transducer. What I'm thinking about doing is drilling another hole just below the break. Would this cause any interference?

I plan on mounting the transducer to the Mad Frog Transducer Deployment Arm on my kayak. This doesn’t require as large of a hole. I’m still weighing my options.

ALANRAYG2
01-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Here is a picture of my transducer. What I'm thinking about doing is drilling another hole just below the break. Would this cause any interference?

I plan on mounting the transducer to the Mad Frog Transducer Deployment Arm on my kayak. This doesn’t require as large of a hole. I’m still weighing my options.

I was hoping you had the gray connector. I think I have one around here somewhere I would have gave you. You have the push in black one. I wonder if the adapter cable is still available? It goes from gray to black. Let me know if you see an adapter cable. I'll look for the transducer tomorrow. If you have a fiberglass boat the transducer you have can be epoxied into the sump well. I do not think it will shoot thru metal. I could be wrong though.