PDA

View Full Version : Got bored and went to the Duck

tcintn
01-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Just had to go fish for some trout so I went to the Duck. Caught quiet a few and most were in the 12"-14" range. Left my counter in car so I do not know how many I caught.Caught all of them floating a white TM on 2 lb test at around 4-5'. I did this just standing on the bank.I will now be okay for a few days.
Life is good.

jimj3561
01-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Very nice!

TroutFiend
01-07-2013, 07:42 PM
I got the ole trout itch also. Fished the Caney yesterday for a few hours as soon as generators stopped. Bite was decent. Caught all 3 species mostly bows though. Water was very clear and weather not to bad if you could stay out the wind. Stuck with size "0" gold colored blue fox vibrax lure. Also seen a guy floating a sweet boat lettered up in Trout Magnet logos. Man what a sweet rig!

Fish Whisperer
01-07-2013, 08:35 PM
That boat you saw was probably David Glasscock, I fished with him about 5-6 years ago and he turned me on to the trout magnets..

Travis C.
01-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Also seen a guy floating a sweet boat lettered up in Trout Magnet logos. Man what a sweet rig!

Was it the black and white one?

I popped my PB bow 20" literally right behind him a couple years ago next month not far from the Dam. They floated over cross ways and as I waived my indicator took a dive.

Also, see him on the Obey a few times.

TroutFiend
01-07-2013, 11:01 PM
Was it the black and white one?

I popped my PB bow 20" literally right behind him a couple years ago next month not far from the Dam. They floated over cross ways and as I waived my indicator took a dive.

Also, see him on the Obey a few times.

Yes black/white with a raised platform in the front to sight fish. Is that a Supreme model boat?

Alphahawk
01-08-2013, 07:30 AM
Just had to go fish for some trout so I went to the Duck. Caught quiet a few and most were in the 12"-14" range. Left my counter in car so I do not know how many I caught.Caught all of them floating a white TM on 2 lb test at around 4-5'. I did this just standing on the bank.I will now be okay for a few days.
Life is good.

Gotta love the Duck for a quick trout fix. You were talking about the size of the fish there. That was my last fishing trip....and I was also into a lot of 12 and 13inch fish. I am assuming they just stocked it with larger fish this year. I love catching trout that size on my UL gear.

Regards

Reel Tune
01-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Good way to scratch the itch.

Travis C.
01-08-2013, 09:16 AM
Yes black/white with a raised platform in the front to sight fish. Is that a Supreme model boat?

Yeah a Supreme but not sure which model since they are all around 20ft long I believe.

tcintn
01-08-2013, 11:45 AM
If it as a Supreme,with all sort of attachments,even has a polling platform I think now,that is Weldon who is one awesome fisherman.I once took him on a fishing trip to Colorado and he was unreal with the big trout he kept catching when no one else was.If you ever need a motor or anything to do with boats,motors,or fishing,give him a holler.He will be at Fishing show in TM booth and will be there with all types of motors in a booth next to us at TM. He is also part of the Pro Staff of TM.:)

Travis C.
01-08-2013, 04:00 PM
If it as a Supreme,with all sort of attachments,even has a polling platform I think now,that is Weldon who is one awesome fisherman.I once took him on a fishing trip to Colorado and he was unreal with the big trout he kept catching when no one else was.If you ever need a motor or anything to do with boats,motors,or fishing,give him a holler.He will be at Fishing show in TM booth and will be there with all types of motors in a booth next to us at TM. He is also part of the Pro Staff of TM.:)

Does or did Weldon also have an aluminum SeaArk with the float pods and a jet on the back?

I seen a guy that looked like him guiding two guys down around the rest area fall of 2011 and thought to myself that is a perfectly setup boat. Wish I could have got a better look on it. That is what I want once mine get run down.

tcintn
01-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Travis
Weldon has had so many boats and motors it could have been him. However,his Supreme does have a jet on it and his friend David has some type of aluminum boat with a big mercury jet on it. David's boat also has the TM logo on sides and back.
They will guide on Caney and wherever.