PDA

View Full Version : We've Got a Live One!

bd-
12-18-2012, 10:32 AM
In going through the 81 new member registrations for the forum this morning, there was one that was a real person and not a spammer! Yay!!! :D

Seriously - to new members out there. We apologize for the inconvenience of having to wait to be "approved" before you can post. But we get a TON of spammers every single day trying to register in order to access the forum, and captchas and other security measures weren't working.

TK and I both check the new members list almost every day (if not every single day, and often multiple times per day). If you apply and don't get approved in a few days, we apologize - we might have missed you in the flood of spammers.

To help us out, make sure you fill out the profile information and stuff completely when you register. Also, it will help if you use a user name that is somewhat recognizable, rather than just a string of random letters or a nonsense word. The spam-bots are notorious for registering with names like "Gfstycxs" or something, which usually makes me just skip over and click "delete." Also, I check the profile info to make sure it sounds like an actual person before approving - if the Location is "South Africa" or "dfoyhth," it goes right in the deletion pile.

I don't have a lot of time, so I have to go through the list of new members quickly since there are usually so many. Thanks, new members, for your patience and understanding!

bd

antilibrarian
12-19-2012, 11:12 AM
I have time enough durin the day to help out with verifying new members if it helps y'all out.

tkwalker
12-19-2012, 12:49 PM
I have time enough durin the day to help out with verifying new members if it helps y'all out.

In some point in time we may take you up on it ... But right now we are finally getting in the groove ... Thanks again .. We will mark this page ... Thanks again <'TK><