PDA

View Full Version : At last a catch!

eaglestrike09
11-29-2012, 02:33 PM
It has been two weeks since I caught a fish, yesterday I caught four keeper size Bass, including this five pounder!!! At a pond in Smyrna!

Alphahawk
11-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Nice fish.

Regards

nomad60
11-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Nice bass!

browntrout
11-29-2012, 03:16 PM
Congrats, I hate those dry spells. Nice to have access to a pond with nice bass like that in it.

Roy

Travis C.
11-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Nice bass, I went out and played with the little at the creek. More less killing time with a fly rod. We caught 6 creek chubs about a fingers length that your fish might enjoy for dinner.....all at once :D

browntrout
11-29-2012, 03:41 PM
Nice bass, I went out and played with the little at the creek. More less killing time with a fly rod. We caught 6 creek chubs about a fingers length that your fish might enjoy for dinner.....all at once :D

Dude take you a bucket and save them for bait. We used to float those big chubs on the points at Dale Hollow and tear up some smallmouth in the winter.

Roy

Travis C.
11-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Dude take you a bucket and save them for bait. We used to float those big chubs on the points at Dale Hollow and tear up some smallmouth in the winter.

Roy

The thought crossed my mind.... and still does. It would be easy and the only "deep" hole in that area of the creek. There were probably 4-5 dozen easily in there maybe more and a bridge crosses it so we just dropped a small fly straight down.

Adrian
11-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Niiiice.
I feel your pain, have yet to find the Stripers and it's getting to me :)

Alphahawk
11-29-2012, 09:34 PM
Niiiice.
I feel your pain, have yet to find the Stripers and it's getting to me :)

I'm really feeling the pain.....LOL. Haven't been fishing in two weeks.....for me that is an eternity. Knee replacement is not until 7 Jan. The knee hurts now....but not being able to fish hurts more.....so keep those fish pics coming.

Regards

tcintn
11-29-2012, 10:33 PM
It has been over four weeks and I am having fits wanting to fish.I will find out this coming Tuesday if doc is going to say I can go. Had a growth removed from my spine and it has been so nice to be free of the pain it was causing.
If doc says it is okay,more than likely I will load camper on truck and head out for New York to help my partner who is helping folks who were hurt by Sandy. If I have time maybe I can fish for steel heads while there.
Just want to get back on Caney and catch some trout.
I'm here for you Alphahawk.
Ed
Just keep those pictures coming and nice bass from a "pond"?

BrentwoodVFL
11-30-2012, 10:43 AM
Are there ponds in Smyrna area that can be accessed by the general public?

browntrout
11-30-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm really feeling the pain.....LOL. Haven't been fishing in two weeks.....for me that is an eternity. Knee replacement is not until 7 Jan. The knee hurts now....but not being able to fish hurts more.....so keep those fish pics coming.

Regards

Alpha is like that old commercial....he has reached the end of the internet. I bet you have watched every fishing show on TV, every Youtube video, and read every fishing forum there is. LOL

Roy

j19bill
12-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Are there ponds in Smyrna area that can be accessed by the general public?

There are some @ Sharp springs park. C&R only though.

TNtransplant08
12-02-2012, 09:17 AM
There are some @ Sharp springs park. C&R only though.

I have tried the ponds at Sharp Springs a few times without much luck. All I have ever caught were tiny panfish and shoreline access is pretty limited due to brush growing all around banks. There was one time though I had something take my bait and take off, peeling line off my reel. After about 5 minutes, it wedged itself into something on the bottom and couldn't get it out. I never saw it, so I don't know if it was a large turtle or a fish.

eaglestrike09
12-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Thanks guys! The rest of this month I will be working 12hr shifts due to Christmas, so that may be the last catch this year!!! Yep that is from the Sharp Springs pond, the water keeps getting lower every time I go there.
There are some big Carp and Catfish in the ponds, and that five pounder is
the biggest Bass that I have pulled up from there!!!