PDA

View Full Version : Depth finder help

Jdkxtreme
11-24-2012, 07:53 PM
I recently installed a lowrance elite 4 on my boat. The transducer is mounted 3" from the drain plug on the port side. As low as I could put it. When I am at speed it says I am in 1.2 - 1.5 foot of water. I have not contacted lowrance yet. The guy at bass pro said it was coming out of the water. Is that possible at 23MPH?

tkwalker
11-24-2012, 08:58 PM
I recently installed a lowrance elite 4 on my boat. The transducer is mounted 3" from the drain plug on the port side. As low as I could put it. When I am at speed it says I am in 1.2 - 1.5 foot of water. I have not contacted lowrance yet. The guy at bass pro said it was coming out of the water. Is that possible at 23MPH?

JD do you have the transducer pickup surface parallel with the bottom of your boat ... Take a straight edge and place it on the bottom of the boat ... adjust the pickup so it is at the same surface ( even with the straight edge ... <'TK><

Jdkxtreme
11-24-2012, 09:24 PM
JD do you have the transducer pickup surface parallel with the bottom of your boat ... Take a straight edge and place it on the bottom of the boat ... adjust the pickup so it is at the same surface ( even with the straight edge ... <'TK><

It's is parallel

tkwalker
11-24-2012, 10:03 PM
All transducers are usually mounted on the starboard side of the boat ,, Even though the motor torque has a tendancey to lift the Starboard side (depends on size of motor and boat) ... But do to the fact that the driver sits on the starboard size there is a good possability that the boat is listing enough to the right and raising the left side to have an air gap between the Pickup and the surface ... <'TK><

Jdkxtreme
11-24-2012, 10:13 PM
I will move it before I go back out. I just put it where it is because it looks like one used to be there. Think it will be ok to put next to the factory speedo thing?