PDA

View Full Version : Bitin' on the Obey

TroutFiend
11-22-2012, 08:34 PM
Got my 3 of my little ones out today on the river bank fishin below the dam. Little guys were freezing though, got there at 6 am. Brooks, bows hitting orange roosters and gold Kastmasters. Swapped over to orange tout bait and they started blowing up. Kids had a blast! Keep dam fishing alive.

Travis C.
11-23-2012, 10:01 AM
Nice job, those brooks color up pretty good this time of year.

What's with the sand bags?

TroutFiend
11-23-2012, 10:37 AM
Nice job, those brooks color up pretty good this time of year.

What's with the sand bags?

There is some type of construction going on in back corner of campground where it meets the river. Right where the stocking creek ties in. It almost looks like a new ramp? I may fish it again this morning and try to find out.

bd-
11-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Wow, that is some of the best color I have ever seen on a stocked brook trout. It looks almost like a wild fish. They are really beautiful when their color is lit up.

bd

Travis C.
11-23-2012, 11:25 AM
There is some type of construction going on in back corner of campground where it meets the river. Right where the stocking creek ties in. It almost looks like a new ramp? I may fish it again this morning and try to find out.

I wonder if its a handicap friendly fishing area. I know they have fishing piers on the main river but I'd sure hate to try to get in them on a wheel chair. That or something to help with erosion is all I can figure.

Travis C.
11-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Dale Hollow Dam Campground closing Sept. 10, 2012

CELINA, Tenn. (Sept. 5, 2012) – Dale Hollow Dam Campground and its walking trail are closing 2 p.m. Sept. 10, 2012 for work to repair the river bank, parking lot, walking trail and a campsite damaged by flooding in 2010.

The public is encouraged to look for alternative camping opportunities at other locations on Dale Hollow Lake, which include Lillydale Campground (open until Sept. 17, 2012) and Obey River Campground (open until Oct. 15, 2012). To get campground information and to make reservations, visit http://www.recreation.gov.

For more information about the closure, please call the Dale Hollow Lake Natural Resource Manager’s Office at 931-243-3136.

TroutFiend
11-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the post. Thought that was a little close for a new ramp. Brooks are prettiest I think I've ever seen them.

Travis C.
11-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Brooks are prettiest I think I've ever seen them.

There are some big ones in the Obey.