PDA

View Full Version : Cordell Hull dam

hotwielen65
11-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Sauger season is almost on us, I know a while back the banks were colsed to fishermen. Has that changed and where would I be able to look (web site) to see if things have changed, even read a post that they were not allowing boats below the dam either but don't know if thats just gossip or fact.

Thanks in advance,
Ray

Alphahawk
11-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Sauger season is almost on us, I know a while back the banks were colsed to fishermen. Has that changed and where would I be able to look (web site) to see if things have changed, even read a post that they were not allowing boats below the dam either but don't know if thats just gossip or fact.

Thanks in advance,
Ray

Just called the Corp and it will be closed for bank fishing and boat fishing until sometime late next year.....there is no scheduled completion date. The reason the lock side is closed also is because they are blowing the bluff next to the generator side and when they blow it shoots rock quite a distance....and was told there is no schedule for the explosions. They just do it when they are ready. Then they will reinforce the remaining bluff with a fence of some sort. So no fishing below Cordell Hull for a while.

Regards

hotwielen65
11-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Thats what I thought..............................well I'll have to make lemonaid :) Find some new places on the river.
On a different note my boss had his knee replaced a little over a year ago and says it was one of the best things he ever did. He fought with a bad knee for almost 15 years before finally giving in. He said it was tough for about the first 4 months, after that it just kept getting better. Hes back to doing things he thought he would never do again in his lifetime. We'll keep you in our prayers to get through it painlessly and quickly.

Will miss those reports :(

Ray