PDA

View Full Version : Funny Ramp Story

Jdkxtreme
10-25-2012, 09:45 AM
A funny story for the day. If this was you i'm sorry in advance.

I was out fishing the other day. I was close to the ramp in a little cove cause the outboard was still not running. There are not any signs that say no wake. The ramp is only 20-30 feet from the channel. But still common sence should come into play there. I hear a boat coming in from seems like a mile away. I look up an he is almost full out till about 100 feet from the ramp then goes to netruel. I am probably 200 yards from him and the waves push me all around. I do not say anything and I keep fishing. I see him gettimg closer to the dock and then see him step on to the dock. I then hear him laugh out loud a few times. He then yells to me asking if I can help get his boat back. I troll over to where I can hear him. He had stepped off the dock without tying or no rope in his hand. I go and pick him up and take him to his boat. Now 100 feet from the dock. On the way he is telling me is a new boat and how much it cost and how fast it goes. I kept quiet about him coming in so hot. But I did say to him. " You would think for that kind of money they would have gave you a rope to tie it to the dock with " A small giggle inside to myself and dropped him off..

Again, If that was you I'm sorry..:)

nomad60
10-25-2012, 08:17 PM
LOL

It wasn't me but it sure could have been (except for the wake and lack of rope). Good on you for lending a helping hand under those conditions.

Jdkxtreme
05-14-2013, 06:41 PM
So fast forward almost 7 months. I was picking my brother up at Cairo ramp today mid morning. I pull up to the dock and he jumps on. We pull out of the way as to not hold it up for the guy backing in his nice looking bass boat. We hang out a couple minutes so said brother can re tie a lure.

I look up just as the guy backing his boat in is waist deep in water grabbing his boat then climbing in it. He laughs and says he forgot he took the strap all the way off. He looked familiar to me so I asked. Sure enough, same guy as last year. Still battling rope issues.

MNfisher
05-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Haha! Now that is funny!!

j19bill
05-14-2013, 07:11 PM
So fast forward almost 7 months. I was picking my brother up at Cairo ramp today mid morning. I pull up to the dock and he jumps on. We pull out of the way as to not hold it up for the guy backing in his nice looking bass boat. We hang out a couple minutes so said brother can re tie a lure.

I look up just as the guy backing his boat in is waist deep in water grabbing his boat then climbing in it. He laughs and says he forgot he took the strap all the way off. He looked familiar to me so I asked. Sure enough, same guy as last year. Still battling rope issues.

Ha! You would figure he would have it by now.

Sent from my Droid Bionic complete with typos and sarcasm.

Buccaneer
05-15-2013, 07:45 PM
Funny. Go to any ramp Memorial Day weekend, 9:00 AM till noon and 5:00 PM till dark, and set up camp chairs to watch the chaos and anarchy. Particularly in the afternoon when everybody comes back after a long day of slugging adult beverages. Priceless.