PDA

View Full Version : Fall Creek Falls Park

nomad60
10-17-2012, 05:58 PM
First of all, a big thanks to Travis C for bringing this park up not too long ago. It was definitely worth the 3-hour drive!

Yesterday, I took my wife and daughter there so we could do a little exploring and to see the fall colors. Awesome scenery and perfect weather made for a great day. If you're interested, here are some of the pics we took (most were taken with my Canon T3i with a Tamron 17-50mm lens, and some with my wife's iPhone). I tried playing around some with a few pics of the one waterfall to get that smoky look to the flowing water but without a tripod, they didn't turn out all that great.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=4F20F2829632B6D5!164&authkey=!AE4lHbk2MCQTfls

Travis C.
10-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Glad you guys had a great time. Nice photos as well.

j19bill
10-18-2012, 06:57 AM
Nice pics. The wife and I were just talking about going there.

Reel Tune
10-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Looks like a cool place, and the fall colors are looking better than I expected.

nomad60
10-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Seriously, thanks, Travis. My wife had a great time and couldn't get over how beautiful it was out there.

I've always been a big sucker for nature; I bet I spend more time gawking at the scenery and wildlife when I'm out on the water than I do fishing. And parks like this are one of the reasons we decided to buy a house here. Originally, I wanted to buy a house and eventually retire in Florida but she-who-must-be-obeyed wanted her 4 seasons, trees, lakes and mountains nearby so here we are :).

Pookie
10-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Seriously, thanks, Travis. My wife had a great time and couldn't get over how beautiful it was out there.

I've always been a big sucker for nature; I bet I spend more time gawking at the scenery and wildlife when I'm out on the water than I do fishing. And parks like this are one of the reasons we decided to buy a house here. Originally, I wanted to buy a house and eventually retire in Florida but she-who-must-be-obeyed wanted her 4 seasons, trees, lakes and mountains nearby so here we are :).
Tennessee is undeniably the prettiest state in the union.

Transplanted Sportsman
10-18-2012, 07:49 PM
Awsome pics Nomad!!, this park is probably the prettiest tis time of the year, certainly one of the best places to take the family, i heard the fishing is really good for big gills too!!