PDA

View Full Version : Waiting on OH Stripers!

Adrian
10-16-2012, 04:10 AM
Patiently waiting. Haven't found them yet. Anybody Else?:D

agelesssone
10-16-2012, 09:12 AM
Went Sat morning below the dam, by the generators, in a boat.

We didn't catch any and didn't see anyone else catch any.

Adrian
10-16-2012, 11:59 AM
That's been my experience. They were around exactly this time last year according to my photo's time stamp. I'll probably go looking again today...

Dakota
10-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Waiting to find stripers too. Keep me posted if you here of some action.

StriperFan
10-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Did you guys see my OH 10/13 post. That fish was caught miles from any dam in the main body of OH. First trip to OH this fall, glad to get it started, more are surely on the way.

Adrian
10-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Went searching yesterday. No Stripers, but did pull in 40 lbs of flatheads, so not a bust!

Doc Marshall
10-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Interesting....I caught a small hybrid on OH the other day. I was certain it was a big white bass at first. Wish I had a photo. Caught him on a rooster tail.

StriperFan
10-17-2012, 07:46 PM
That is a good haul of flatties. Never know who might show up to the party. I will be hunting em again this weekend as well.

Adrian
10-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Did I mention I only caught 2 yesterday?

TNtransplant08
10-19-2012, 11:20 AM
For you Striper and Hybrid hunters, I just wanted to let you know that I was fishing from the bank below OHD this morning and I saw numerous Stripers and BIG Hybrids being caught on live shad. This is the first time I've ever seen anyone catch hybrids below the dam, but just about every one I saw caught were big and fat. There were two generators running until 9:00. Once they shut down one, the bite went dead. I fished a crappie magnet in Percy Priest color and caught quite a few white bass. Most of them were small, but still was fun on 4 lb test!

Here are two fish caught by a fellow who was fishing close by. One is a hybrid and the other is a 20lb Striper (I asked if I could weight it).

Fish Whisperer
10-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Have you seen any sauger or walleye down there yet?

TNtransplant08
10-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Have you seen any sauger or walleye down there yet?

I didn't see any caught nor did I catch any. This is the first time I've been down there since last spring

StriperFan
10-19-2012, 04:49 PM
For you Striper and Hybrid hunters, I just wanted to let you know that I was fishing from the bank below OHD this morning and I saw numerous Stripers and BIG Hybrids being caught on live shad. This is the first time I've ever seen anyone catch hybrids below the dam, but just about every one I saw caught were big and fat. There were two generators running until 9:00. Once they shut down one, the bite went dead. I fished a crappie magnet in Percy Priest color and caught quite a few white bass. Most of them were small, but still was fun on 4 lb test!

Here are two fish caught by a fellow who was fishing close by. One is a hybrid and the other is a 20lb Striper (I asked if I could weight it).
Man those are some pretty fish, looks like the wait is over.