PDA

View Full Version : Tungsten jigs.

Alphahawk
10-01-2012, 06:53 PM
I received my tungsten jig order today. You don't get much of this stuff for 35 bucks...LOL. The bare jig head I got to put a Trout Magnet body on. It is about the size of a 1/32 head but it is quite a bit heavier......not sure the weight of these.....the web site nor article mentioned the specific weight of the these jigs. The two jig flies that I got are the Wooly Grub and the Wooly Bug. The Bug being the bigger of the two. There is no doubt that the bare jig head and the Wooly Bug I will be able to cast a country mile with 2# test NanoFil and the 2# test SOS mono. The tungsten jig head is the middle one in the pic of bare jig heads. The top being a 1/64 Trout Magnet head and the other one a 1/32 Double Cross Crappie Magnet jig head. Looking forward to using these. For 35 dollars I got 15 bare jig heads...5 Wooly Grubs and 5 Wooly Bugs. It is going to be hard to wait until cold water gets here to try out the theory in the InFisherman article about catching big Gills with these. Of course the theory applies in late Fall as to Gills being in deep water. I already have a spot at Pickwick holding Gills in 20 to 25 feet of water. I will be able to cast much further out and according to topo map I will be in 60 feet of water. For those interested will report back on the use of tungsten to catch big Gills in winter.

Regards

Travis C.
10-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Awesome, glad he was able to get you some jig heads.

I'd like to know the results.